General ducato 94 fuel & batterey probs

Currently reading:
General ducato 94 fuel & batterey probs

amagee

I have a 94 ducato hymer motorhome. We have constant problems with fuel as the is a fuel filter near or in the fuel tank which blocks. There also appears to be a prob with older moldels were mould grows in fuel tank thus bloking filter. Anyone any ideas without haveing to get a new tank. Also have problem with starting batery is fully charged but wont start at times any previous had earth prob which gave similar results could this be prob. Reading some other posting could be starter motor any ideas suggestions welcome:)

i have a similar starting problem with my A class Hymer on a 93 2.5 Ducato first i thought it was a flat starter battery as the starter motor just clicked so i charged the battery fully but same thing happened some persisitence with the key and it started so i presume the problem is with the starter motor.
I will check all wiring and earths first then maybe remove/replace stater motor.

hi both. check that your second battery is holding its charge, as i had similar prblem and found second battery required a litre of distilled water , once this was done starter battery held its charge as it was not been drained by second battery , hence no more starting problems. re fuel problem try injector cleaner in your fuel tank as partial gumming may be your problem espescially if your using supermarket fuel. hope this helps.

I had to change my starter motor recently.
The old one just clicked occasionally, repeated trying and maybe it would engage and start.
Took it off, it was packed with mud, picked up from many a camping trip no doubt.
(I could have cleaned it up maybe, but the ferry was booked for the next day, and the replacement was either now or after the ferry had left)

Back