General 500...and a baby?

Currently reading:
General 500...and a baby?

jenny500

Hi - are there any 500-driving mums out there? I have a 1.4 Lounge on order, but have since found out that I'm pregnant....and I'm thinking it's not exactly a family car! I've read various comments on suitable car seats, but I'm more concerned about getting a buggy/pushchair in the boot - can it be done without putting back seats down???!!! Cheers.

Oi! What about us dads? ;)

You can get buggies that fit, and with a forward facing seat (our little 'uns 2 1/2) the car is fine - in fact she loves it & the view she has from it. It is easier to plonk her in than it was in our last 5 door car as the roof is higher & you can stand in front of the seat & sort her out.

But, for a new born with a rear facing seat which you keep taking in & out with the baby in things might be tighter - never tried it so would suggest trying a seat in one in the dealers....

Wow, I'm new to the Forum and had no idea so many had already had the same dilemma! I think we'll go ahead with the order, and then make sure we have the 500 with us when we start buying baby stuff. Buggies/pushshairs/strollers, it's all gibberish to me, but I guess we've got 9 months to learn all about that stuff :D Thanks again!

Congratulations on the pregnancy news!

I didn't have the car when my son was a baby but did have it from when he was 2.5 years old. The baby bit goes so quickly that I'd buy it if I were you ... they go into forward facing seats at 10 months old-ish, and you can get amazing foldable buggies .... go on, you know you want to!!!!

Seriously though, get the garage to give you car to test drive and then drive to the nearest mothercare or something and try all the prams and seats.

I took my sister and my 4 month old nephew out in my 500 a couple of weeks ago. We managed to get the carseat in really easy and if you get an isofix base you don't have to mess around with seatbelts every time. I had to put the seat down to put the pushchair in, but my sister has got a huge pushchair and Im sure others would fit in!

Well, I just got my Wife, my 20 month old daughter, my 3 week old daughter and a Mclaren XT buggy into my 500. That was with a large PrioriFix I think it is and a strapped in rear facing seat for the newborn. You shouldn't have too many problems with one baby in a 500.

yesterday we went to buy a stroller. after reading the posts here about which model fits in the 500, we decided to get the quinny buzz 3. but my gf says it's too ugly, so there's nothing I can do about it:D
we tried a maxi cosi mura 3, which looks really great and to my great surprise, it fits in the boot! well not exacly, you have to push the hood a bit, to get it closed, but it fits!

Last edited:
yesterday we went to buy a stroller. after reading the posts here about which model fits in the 500, we decided to get the quinny buzz 3. but my gf says it's too ugly, so there's nothing I can do about it:D
we tried a maxi cosi mura 3, which looks really great and to my great surprise, it fits in the boot! well not exacly, jo have to push the hood a bit, to get it closed, but it fits!

I'm surprised Fiat don't sell a buggy with italian colours and 500 logo.:D(c'mon you photoshoppers i'm sure you could do a piccie of one)

I'm surprised Fiat don't sell a buggy with italian colours and 500 logo.:D(c'mon you photoshoppers i'm sure you could do a piccie of one)
Oh please don't encourage them, you know it'll appear in Autoexpress and people will think it's fact....

Congrats on the new arrival (and I mean the baby:))! I'm in the same boat, already have 3 1/2 year old and expecting another one in March next year! There are lots of strollers for older children that will fit in the boot with room to spare, but I was a bit worried about the pram stage - so I went and tried the smallest pram (Bebeconfort Streety) and it fits in the boot with acres to spare and even the carseat fits if you push down the passinger seat a bit... but, go and try as many as you can, I'm sure you'll find the one that will fit all the requirements! Good luck!;)

Back