Technical Check engine message

Currently reading:
Technical Check engine message

keeforelli

hi guys

just went to move the 500 onto the drive, started it up, it struggled a little to turn over, then caught, the 'check engine' message flashed up, i smelt petrol, then it was ok...

it was parked side on to a kerb, and it had been left from a 20 mile journey about 15 mins previously.

it has been reluctant to start from warm maybe 2 or 3 times in 3800 m-

but never had this warning light.

i started it a few times after and no repeat.

should i ignore?..im sure i have read on here about the smell of petrol getting into the 500 but cant find...would it be related to the engine light?

Last edited:
Was it parked on a severe angle? I get that sometimes when I'm parked on a hill. Closely followed by the low oil alert. Move it to flat ground and it stops moaning. And I've checked the oil, it's got plenty, just an odd angle.

Was it parked on a severe angle? I get that sometimes when I'm parked on a hill. Closely followed by the low oil alert. Move it to flat ground and it stops moaning. And I've checked the oil, it's got plenty, just an odd angle.

i was parked sideways on a kerb!...so the car was at an angle yeah

My last car an 02 Punto 1.2 Active used to pull various engine alert fakes.

Just pull over stop the engine, start up again and hey presto no more warning light. I understand the 500 gives you way more info but if it has gone away I personally would just wait and see if it comes back plus the diagnostic tools at the dealership will tell you if anything is really wrong and it should be free under warranty for a diagnostic test. (well I would hope it was)

Used to tell me the key code in the car was invalid sometimes usually after at least a mile of driving.

Drove about a 750 miles with the engine warning light on prior to getting my 500, didnt tell the dealer though, sort of pre-emptive revenge for them forgetting to tell me they didnt order the car. Got a 10mth old one in the end. Only real reason the person responsible hasnt had his arse handed to him is I havent got time, I love the 500 sooo much I just like to drive n drive.

Back