Cleaning off fly poo!

Currently reading:
Cleaning off fly poo!

Cornish Blonde

For some reason my pale blue 500 seems to be attracting lots of flies! The just sit there... with the resulting little black spots, which are really difficult to remove.

Any ideas about a product that works?

Thanks.

For some reason my pale blue 500 seems to be attracting lots of flies! The just sit there... with the resulting little black spots, which are really difficult to remove.

Any ideas about a product that works?

Thanks.

thats a new one on me.....

best thing to try first is as hot water as you can get your hand in and a strong mix of car shampoo pour onto the area and let soak for a couple of mins then wipe over with a wash mitt then rinse well......

Do not for the love of god use a pan scrubber or brillo pad or bug remover sponge

(You might laugh but i know at least 2 people who have done it and in the interest of equal opportunity's one was male and the other female ((although she did a better job she got down to the metal)))

if that fails try a mix of stardrops or Daisy all purpose cleaner (this will remove any wax on the car) and do the same as above (Not the brillo pad)

next step from that is a clay bar and a few hours (again need to re wax)

post back if you need any more advice on claying

are you sure its fly crap and not tar splatter look along the front of the car and round the wheel arches any build up there?

Last edited:
Nope is deffo fly poo! it's everywhere. Tiny black dots on roof, doors, back front.....

Will come off with lot of scrubbing with soft microfibre cloth... tried insect remover - no better than car shampoo. Might try bird lime remover tomorrow, but it started to rain, so called it a day.

Had hoped they'd keep off the clean car but no luck!

It's not fly poo hahahaha!

It's just baked-in residue from the flies. Don't you think you'd leave a mark if you hit a car travelling at 60mph!?

I usually use special tar remover stuff on it, seems to burn them off without damaging the laquer.

Um it is fly poo....

I know what splatted fly / insect looks like, and strangely I don't go upwards at 60 miles an hour to get it on the roof! ;)

Well did a bit of internet research last night... it's not actually fly poo as such. It's a mix of poo and spit which they vomit up about every four minutes wherever they land.... and a common problem in the summer. (Think about your kitchens guys!!) Apparently the best thing to get it off is Huggies baby wipes (which is quite alarming) so will try them later and let you know.

Next job is to tidy out the garage and put car away....

Did you find a solution to this problem? I have had my Blue Cha a week now and the flies love it. It's been raining for a couple of days here so haven't had chance to give it a clean but I certainly haven't had this problem on any other car, light coloured or otherwise (well I guess you wouldn't see it as much on a dark car!).
LV

Did you find a solution to this problem? I have had my Blue Cha a week now and the flies love it. It's been raining for a couple of days here so haven't had chance to give it a clean but I certainly haven't had this problem on any other car, light coloured or otherwise (well I guess you wouldn't see it as much on a dark car!).
LV

Do you park it under or near a tree (near can be = to 50 mtrs away when the wind is in the right direction)

you probably couldn't see it on the other dark car (but it usually cakes the windows)

hot water with a strong mix of car shampoo should shift it

Back