General Just had THE CALL

Currently reading:
General Just had THE CALL

Biggles500

aka - Wayne
YES! YES! YES! OH YES!!!

Just had the call "Hi Wayne, I've got a car here with your name on it"

Have arranged to collect 4pm Tuesday afternoon, going down tonight to choose a number plate - he has 250+ standard plates to choose from so will look for something like my initials or a name we can call it or at worst something easy to remember!

I must admit I had started to feel a bit ho-hum about its arrival but now my stomach is doing sumersaults.

Now I have something to put my accessories on.

You lucky thing, congratulations! I have another 4+ weeks or so to wait and the days are really d-r-a-g-g-i-n-g but I'm looking forward to those stomach somersaults!!

I was unaware that there could be such a big choice of number plates - choosing one will be quite exciting for you especially if you find one with some relevance.

Do you know if all dealers have such a choice?

YES! YES! YES! OH YES!!!

Just had the call "Hi Wayne, I've got a car here with your name on it"

Have arranged to collect 4pm Tuesday afternoon, going down tonight to choose a number plate - he has 250+ standard plates to choose from so will look for something like my initials or a name we can call it or at worst something easy to remember!

I must admit I had started to feel a bit ho-hum about its arrival but now my stomach is doing sumersaults.

Now I have something to put my accessories on.

Count yourself lucky, I asked at my dealer if I could choose a reg and the answer was no!

Make sure you do your checks........... enjoy it will be a day to remember!

Last edited:
Ok! answers in order...

Sharpy - ordered 13th June, but when I talked to dealer on 17th Aug he sain it was at the docks and may be ready for 1st Sept but certanly for 1st week so yes a bit of a suprise.

Newfi - yes dealers should be able to offer you a choice - the DVLA system allows for a bit of choice in the last 3 letters of course as the first 2 are set by location the numbers are of course the date so just need to find a final 3...I must admit I was expecting 10 or 20 but 250 I should be able to find something I like.

Miss R & Eng500 - BOO! HISS! to your dealers, poor customer buying experience there!

Clearly I don't take 500 ownership seriously; no butterflies when I collected and let my son pick the registration which he did by closing his eyes and waggling his finger over the list of choices!

I asked if I could choose but was told it wasn't possible, however it took us so long to choose our colour and spec, I think another 'option' may have been one too many :D

only 24 hours to go now Wayne (y)

We picked ours, mind you there was nothing we really liked. That said it looks better on the car than it did on the paper!

Well hope you will enjoy the car Wayne as much as we do. Don't forget to flash and wave if you see us around Bournemouth and Poole :)

Back