Connecting Vacuum Pipes to induction kit

Currently reading:
Connecting Vacuum Pipes to induction kit

DaleKent

Hi any1 can help me here, i brought a induction filter with adapter pipe and removed the pip that connects the airbox to throttle body, and connected the induction filter directly to where the pipe was on the throttle body, however i now have 2 vacuum pipes that have no where to connect onto the new piping and filter, does any1 have a solution to this, can i bore to holes onto the piping and make them air tight??? or is there pipe etc that i could buy??? please help as it is interfering with the performance of the car

When I was into this sort of thing many moons ago (on cars you could work on without IT knowledge), it was simply a case of buying T pieces (or whatever suited) off the shelf at the motor accessory shop (often these would normally be used in the windscreen washer department). The tubing would be a good fit but I liked to use glue for a more airtight seal.

i have a wild card theory after sleeping on it, if i reconnect the air box to throttle body remove the air filter that goes in the box and seal the box lid with silcone so is airtight and then connect the induction kit filter to the front of the box where the air intake connects to would this work as my theory is that the vacuum pipes will pickup the air flow again is this a good idea or just a red herring of a thought

Back