Tuning Remaps...

Currently reading:
Tuning Remaps...

rptbu

.. I dont want to reopen old wounds here, so stay calm whilst you read this and only reply if you can answer the questions asked honestly.

My turbo on my 56 plate punto blew last year, at the time of going bang I had an angel remap. However I dont think the remap was responsible as the car now feels faster than it ever has now that it has a new turbo on a standard map so i think the turbo was poorly from day one.

I can get the remap put back on my car for £20.....should I??

I would, Im finding it very very very hard to resist getting mine done now, Ive put it off for long enough,

this is going to get locked btw

i would personally advise you to go to red dot as they RR your car before they map it and the map is custom to the car? Which i think is priceless.. I would run the turbo in for a while first aswell. Did you have to pay for the previous turbo when it went bang?

there are plenty of people on here that angel maps though?

@mattyk - just do it mate!

Oh yes I remember now...you're the fellow that paid £6k to repair the damage your Angel map caused. :)

If you are genuine then here's my response...

Personally I would.

I have had an Angel map on mine for the last 15k miles, no problems at all. It was rolling roaded at 178bhp and 288lbft, with smooth curves to boot.

You'll get the usual suspect come on and say how awful Angel are and what cowboys they are due to a bad experience he had when they put a naff map on his 1.0 litre petrol mower. But from all the comments and rolling road evidence Angel do a pretty good map on a 1.9JTD. Agreed you'll get better results from other tuners who will tweak the map on a rolling road, but it aint worth shelling out another 200 notes imho.

As for longevity, with a none faulty turbo you'll have no problems at all - Sharkrider has clocked up ridiculous mileage on his GPS with no problems last time I heard, more than any other remapped GPS 130 on this forum.

Hope this helps.... (y)

i wouldnt, ive been at proper mappers loads and they have noticed a lot of the time if a turbo is on the way out or if there are other problems, they can tell by the way the car is on the rollers and advised not to get a map at the time incase the extra power breaks the faulty bit quicker

£20 sounds like a bargin. And as already mentioned. It's pretty much all scare tactics spread by people with given interests that make all the dodgey claims about Angel and other companies.

Sorry to disagree, but it was Angel Tuning who tried to discredit Red Dot and some others while AT was using Red Dot files at the time and when using the files from other sources they claimed that Red Dots rolling road was over reading when it was proven that trhe one they use was reading higher.

There is even a thread with all the proof somewhere on here.

Sorry to disagree, but it was Angel Tuning who tried to discredit Red Dot and some others while AT was using Red Dot files at the time and when using the files from other sources they claimed that Red Dots rolling road was over reading when it was proven that trhe one they use was reading higher.

There is even a thread with all the proof somewhere on here.

13 minutes. :ROFLMAO:
Could not have proven my point better. cheers.

It's pretty much all scare tactics spread by people with given interests that make all the dodgey claims about Angel and other companies.

thats rubbish, moderators were sent from this forum to investigate 2 companies, one was fully open with them an found to be creditable, the other said the rr figuer on top af of a graph showing over 90bhp was correct fly bhp, but the lines on the graph showed otherwise, they would not let us watch any thing, and run off and hid when questioned, leaving us to only speak to the guy whos rr they was using, who confirmed that what he was telling us was bull

I wonder if the original poster really is genuine? I certainly have my doubts...

Still hasn't commented on his £6k engine rebuild...lol...

Whatever the history is though between AT and red Dot, my map is pretty good imo, I think Squirells original AT map looked pretty good on Red Dots rollers too.

So to original poster, depends how much cash you've got... A response to my question would be ggod too - What work did your engine need and what did it cost? ;)

Call me cynical..but I reckon the OP is a **** taker, just on here to stir things up....

Same M.O. as last time, makes a controversial post then disappears without a trace....

Shame we all wasted our time giving him genuine replies... :bang:

T please lock this thread.

ah he after your job :p

Aye maybe.. At least I stick around until after the dust settles... or my ban/infractions expire. :)

I think thats my decision;)

:confused:

Errr... I know, that's why I asked you. ;)

I think you're riught to leave it open especially as we've been given the promise of a full response from the OP....Hope it's worth the wait (y)

Firstly the reason I dont have to many posts is because this is a second user name for me. I am a regular user of this forum under a different username, however due to the circumstances surrounding my turbo expiring I do not want to risk being identified by previous pic's that I have posted etc.

The resaon I can't post every five minutes of the day is because I have a life outside the internet...a place called the real world, log off you might find it!!

My car was remapped, the turbo blew, after a bit of heated discussion I got my car repaired under warranty with a repair bill in the region of £4K pounds, hence I dont want to risk being identified, However it was very touch and go for a bit cause the garage found the remap!

I however do not blame the remap, as stated earlier the car seems much better now it has a new turbo and i really feel the turbo was poorly from day one.

All I wanted to know was do people think I should get the remap re installed, this is a service offered by AT and all I pay is their petrol money for coming to me. However, as usual it starts in to a we all hate angel and red dot is better (Dave), or the OP is full of Pish (Shropshire_lad)

I will not be going to red dot, end off, so please stop suggesting this as it is not a viable option.

Back