Technical !!!HELP!!! engine light flashes then instant power loss!! egr? dpf?

Currently reading:
Technical !!!HELP!!! engine light flashes then instant power loss!! egr? dpf?

mattp13

hi all, am a newbie round here !! bought a 55 plate doblo 1.3 multi (cargo) 2 days ago got it home then next morning set out on m-way, i was pleased with the performance for a little unit, however after about 8-10 miles the engine warning light flashed once followed instantly by about 50% loss of power, pulled over turned her off scratched my head and tried again, ran with no problems whatsoever, until about another 8 miles it did the same, so i found this forum and read as much as i could, lots of great posts by the way, thanks all. ive had diesels before and i know they often need a good hot blast to keep them regular!! read the bit on regen cycles so tried to get it hot but the same thing happened, also drove it once the power had dropped thinking it might be some regen program ran by the ecu, but no joy there.. if i leave engine off for like 5 secs it runs sweet as again........ please please please any advice would be appreciated.......

thanks alot for replying so quickly, yeah i thought so was just being a tight wad really..... ill be back and spread the wealth, if they find what it is ... cheers matt.......

Back