IMG_01421.JPG

Bravo (Classic) STU412T's 1.8 HLX Bravo

Introduction

Right, picked her up on Monday 13th July , so I thought I would make a thread about her.

Well here she is!! Needs a bit of bodywork doing, mainly the front wing and the mirror, but they can wait until after my holiday.

IMG_01472.JPG

IMG_01462.JPG

IMG_0144.JPG

IMG_01452.JPG

IMG_01432.JPG

IMG_01421.JPG

Now for the bad bits...

Busted Wing

IMG_01491.JPG

Busted Mirror

IMG_01482.JPG

I think a trip to the scrappy is in order!!
Well my new mirror arrived on Saturday, bit un-impressed about the black on the baseplate peeling off and bubbling, so me and my brother refurished the baseplates on my drivers and passenger side.

This is the paintwork before refurbishing (this is the old broken mirror but the finish on the new one and the passenger side was the same) Apoligies for the crappy phone pics!!!

IMG_00431.JPG

During Sanding

IMG_00371.JPG

IMG_00441.JPG

Unfortunatly the new mirror is off a Brava, leaves a horrible gap, really annoyed me after all that work went into the baseplate. So I have a plan, if I undo the 3 screws where the mirror and baseplate meet, would the baseplates swap over? Should have checked it fitted before really!!

Hi Stu.
Bad luck on the base I almost did the same. If you undoo the 3 screws under the mount you can swap the cap over. and there are two screws under the wing mirror cap so you can swap the insides if need be.

There is a wing for sale on ebay.
Item number: 330347901179
I would only bother if its close to you so you can see if it is any good though. Ive been very disapointed with wings in the post.
!B(SIiRg!2k~$(KGrHgoOKiQEjlLmZ!24BKbfv6f(o!~~_1.JPG

Real nice car, I wish I had a 1.8 engine :)

I need a passenger wing myself but my colour is not easy to find.

Last edited:
Quick Update:

Fitted new wipers today after my old ones started streaking, got some nice Bosch ones with a spoiler on the drivers side.

IMG_00511.JPG

Also reset the postion of the wipers when "parked" because the drivers side sat too high and the passenger one was so low it was hitting the scuttle panel, here is the damage to the panel

IMG_00502.JPG

The damage on the left was caused by just 3 wipes of the wiper :eek:

Also replaced the O/S tail light bulbs as all 3 went at exactly the same time and filled her up with screenwash.

Price was £12.00 for a 22" Bosch wiper with spolier, 18" Standard Bosch Wiper, 3 Tail light bulbs and a litre of Concentrated Screenwash.....Trade Prices are a wonderful thing!!!

I put a smaller wiper on the passenger side as it was still hitting the scuttle after I reset the wiper arm, if i moved it any higher it was resting too high on the screen.

Not that noticable TBH, it clears okay, doesn't streak and doesn't take chunks out of may car!!!

Last edited:
After seeing a few cars with LED's in their fogs I decided to follow suit.

They may not be to everyones taste but hey I like them. You can't see them in the day but you can at night, and they are not as bright as normal fogs.

0531.JPG

0541.JPG

0551.JPG

Fitted my Laguna Splitter yesterday, what a ball ache! Decided in all my wisdom to take the bumper off for a better fit.

3 hours and two sheared bolts later I got it fitted, only to find as I dropped the mrs off, a loud bump that increased with my road speed. Rushed home (I was at the end of my street) jacked it up thinking " I've knackard my car "

Looked underneath to find a bit of plastic, looks like my wheelarch liner, rubbing against the bolts on my driveshaft :doh:

Anyway here is the result

IMG_0197.JPG

And the bit that was rubbing

IMG_0198.JPG

That time of year.

Well, it's that time of year again.....yup MOT time. It's going in tomorrow so I have done the things that I know needs doing;

New Boots all round

IMG_0199.JPG

New Pads and Discs

IMG_0200.JPG

Adjusted the handbrake

Adjusted_Handbrake2.JPG

Came up to the red line before, 16 clicks, now just 3 :D It was actually pulling the gaiter out of the console!!

Also feels alot stronger now.

Right, picked her up on Monday 13th July , so I thought I would make a thread about her.

Well here she is!! Needs a bit of bodywork doing, mainly the front wing and the mirror, but they can wait until after my holiday.

IMG_01472.JPG

IMG_01462.JPG

IMG_0144.JPG

IMG_01452.JPG

IMG_01432.JPG

IMG_01421.JPG

Now for the bad bits...

Busted Wing

IMG_01491.JPG

Busted Mirror

IMG_01482.JPG

I think a trip to the scrappy is in order!!

is this the same engine thats found in the hgt punto???

hi mate.. nice bravo :) you should get some white LEDs for the sidelights in the headlamps..

did the green leds in the fogs pass the mot okay?

Last edited:
Back