Technical Bloody badgers!

Currently reading:
Technical Bloody badgers!

Pandabloke

Just call me Panda!
(n) Hit a bloody badger last night. Put a split in the front bumper just up from the front skirty bit where one of the slats comes down, if you like. Not enough damage to warrant a new bumper but too much to ignore. Has anyone had any experience of having similar bumpers plastic welded/repaired? Wretched wildlife!:yuck:

I have to honest and say he/she does feel very much at all now...... Kebabs anyone?;)

And to be fair, Neither of us stood a chance. He leapt off a bank a yard or so in front of me on a country lane. Absolutely nothing I could do. I did get out and check and fortunately really, it was a clean death. I'd have hated to see the poor bugger drag itself off injured into undergrowth or similar.

I picked him up and put him under a hedge out of the way. Bloody heavy he was too. Big old boy. Sad. (n)

I had this with a big fat pheasent.He split a couple of the down slats in front of the radiator if you know where I mean.They were split at the top so I got some good super glue and you would never know they where split now unless you know where to look.Don't think super glue will help if it is the main bumber rather than the grill bit like mine was.
Like you said not enough to bother claiming for but enough to be anoying if you like to keep the car in top order.

Like you said not enough to bother claiming for but enough to be anoying if you like to keep the car in top order.

:)Aye. I use the car for chauffeuring you see and I do 2000 miles a month. So I like to keep it in A1 if I can. Thought the impact might turn another light on....... It'll probably need another oil change now just to be on the safe side (cough cough....) :p

A mate of mine had his volvo bumper plastic welded then painted and the repair was invisible, but all depends on who is doing it i suppose.

:D Local Fiat approved body shop are repairing it thursday/friday for £150.(y) My mate works there so I'm getting 'mates rates' which is a bonus. Also have purchased the rear spoiler from Fiat so they're spraying and fitting that for me too! (y)

:D Local Fiat approved body shop are repairing it thursday/friday for £150.(y) My mate works there so I'm getting 'mates rates' which is a bonus. Also have purchased the rear spoiler from Fiat so they're spraying and fitting that for me too! (y)

How much is the spoiler to buy:eek:Thats got me thinking:D

How much is the spoiler to buy:eek:Thats got me thinking:D

Fiat main dealer quoted me £185 for spoiler, £45 for a fitting kit and £100 to fit and spray.

That said, they suggested I didn't really need the fitting kit as it was basically strong adhesives and stuff and as I was having it fitted at a Fiat approved garage they'd probably have all the necessary gunk anyway. And as I said I'm having it sprayed for free (I hope.)

Have a look at it here http://www.fiat.co.uk/Showroom.aspx?id=4908#showroom/multipla/accessories and click on 'Style' and then 'Spoiler'.

Seems a bit cheaper online......:mad:

;)I may, to finish it all off nicely, have a remap with Angel Tuning to take her to 165 bhp. We'll see......:eek:

Oh bum. Took car in yesterday for the £150 bumper repair. Phone call an hour later to pop over to look at the car.

On removing the bumper, air con rad bent. rad bent (they're bolted together), top rad mountings broken and cross member they sit on bent as well. Fiat badge cracked.

Now turned into an insurance job.

Well, she's insured through Chris Knott, the forum associated insurers. I contacted the insurance co. (Highway) direct, explained the situation and what do you know, the Fiat Approved bodyshop she's in are also the insurance co. approved bodyshop as well so that is brilliant.

They have already been in touch with each other and estimate goes off today. I have a free Panda courtesy car for as long as, so fingers crossed.

Will report back!

Just to keep you up to date (as I've used the forum insurers brokers, Chris Knott), received a courtesy call from Highway (insurance co.) today just letting me know that they have received an estimate from the bodyshop and their assessor (?) should be looking at that today to see if we can go ahead with repair. So far still impressed with the service. (y)

(y) :DI have Myrtle back!:D

Everything went smoothly with the repair. I was kept informed by Highway of all that was going on and the work was completed swiftly, efficiently and professionally. Car was returned clean and with a breakdown of the work involved. Total cost £1423.08

In my experience, my insurance co. insured through Chris Knott proved to be excellent so if you have insured with them I think you can feel confident.(y)

Panda.

Back