General Bird in the dash?!

Currently reading:
General Bird in the dash?!

vfourracer

Just recently, I have been hearing almost like a 'bird tweeting' in the glove box, but when i turn the heaters off, it seems to stop. Could this be anything to do with the heater matrix or another component behind there, or is the bird just getting too hot?!

It sounds like there's either something stuck in the fan that blows the hot air into the cabin or the bearing that is on the fan is drying up

Thanks Paul. Checked for anything caught in the vents (ie leaves etc) and there is nothing. I never thought of the fan bearings though, might see if I can grease them up again. Thank you!

Vin said:
Had a similar thing on a panda. Took the fan the fan out and WD40'd it. Did the trick.
WD40 is good for all sorts of things, isn't it?
But I think we might be able to agree that the lubrication it provides doesn't last forever. I've found a nice product for these sorts of purposes - Wynns Viscotene, as shown at www.jemdistributors.com/wynnsviscotene.html

It is basically a 'gummy' form of WD40 that sticks to the metals being lubricated, yet is just as convenient to spray in from the generous spray nozzle.

I also have a can of CRC White Grease, which would probably be even more ideal for motor bearings. Also good for door hinges etc.

Not that I'm disagreeing in any way - just offering some alternatives that I have found very satisfactory.

-Alex

I do agree with you about the longevity of WD40 as a lubricant. But it did the trick so I was like, job done (y)

But I like to look on my early motoring days as ones of youth and naivety.:)

WD40 left my workshop a longtime ago, replaced by the far superior, in my view, 'Plusgas'.

Vin

Back