Two steps forward, three steps back!

Currently reading:
Two steps forward, three steps back!

Got whipped this weekend at the EMMA event at Car Audio Security!

Massive 32 points down on sound :eek: Serves me right a really for just assuming I could make such massive changes to my install, plumb my old EQ and x-over settings in think everything would be alright. Also dropped a bollock on install too in the "display to public" section, had my car all closed up :bang:

Still, thankfully there was only 3 of us in my class so I got 6 league points.

Was too busy last week to have a real play with the car since having it done as I'm signing up for my new house Friday so been busy sorting other things out first. Hopefully by the next event it'll be a bit more competitive

So how many points was the display to public worth or was that not included in your figure.
Well we live and learn. At least you have sounds, i have one mid and 2 tweets.
Better luck next time.

ouch! i dont really understand EMMA but thats not good, once you tweek that setup of yours you should be whooping some SQ ass! :devil:

Ooopsie, when my mate used to compete in IASCA sound off's in the 90's any slight change to his system meant a tweaking session (down at Rockford HQ in High Wycombe)!!!! Safe to say he did some miles over those couple of years.

I remember him going down for a tweaking session one week, having it tweaked again on the day of the sound off and he lost points on the RTA section as he had left his sun visor down during tweaking and him movin them back into position had actually affected the RTA reading (must have been due to reflections).

It always sounded to me like any EQing carried out took a few days to "bed in" although this may have been a phsyco acoustic effect!

Back