General knock sensor on mark1

Currently reading:
General knock sensor on mark1

Hi,

After reading about pinking on the internet, The syptoms sound like what ive been having in the thread "Clicking noise under bonet" it does sound like marbles hitting metal and when this happens theres hardly any power in the engine. So my question lol is there a knock sensor on the mark1 55s and where is it located because the haynes well its not helping lol

That would certainly explain why it only happens when warm because knocking is the ignition of the air/fuel mixture when there is sufficient heat and compression to ignite without the spark plug.

Not sure that an un-turboed 1.1 has sufficient compression to cause knock though.

just to add about why Im trying find out if the mark1 has a knock sensor, Because if i go up a 15% gradient or more in 3rd at around 30mph I get a noise that sounds simaliar to marbles hitting a metal sheet? even worser in 4th and 5th sounds like pinking? the more I try accelerate the louder the noise and the less responce I get from the engine, If i take my foot off the accelerate the noise stops? I get the noise at tickover aswell just not as bad, but at a rough guess it sounds near the coil pack area?

Any ideas would be great in what it could be. please. or if anyone is in the stoke on trent area and wud'nt mind taking a look?:D hehe I'll supply coffe/tea lol (y)

Back