Technical Judder when Idling and at around 40mph?

Currently reading:
Technical Judder when Idling and at around 40mph?

Doug Inman

Hi folks

Not long had my mk2 and trying to iron the bugs out of it. When I'm sat with the engine running, the car tends to judder a little bit. When I drive its fine up until about 40mph then the same kinda judder happens n i get up to nearly 50 n it goes again

I've had a look through the paperwork it came with, and its not long had its ignition coils replaced, new sparks, and head gasket.

Any idea's would be greatly appreciated

D

Are you absolutely sure that it is the same kind of judder. A judder at idle is likely to be the engine, yet a judder at a particular speed, irrespective of which gear you are in is more likely an unbalanced wheel.

Are you absolutely sure that it is the same kind of judder. A judder at idle is likely to be the engine, yet a judder at a particular speed, irrespective of which gear you are in is more likely an unbalanced wheel.
its definatly when i hit around 40, i dont feel it any other time, so maybe i should go check the wheel alignment? I havent had the car long but after i boguht it I'd noticed it had had a knock

Back