Technical Improving Marea Headlights

Currently reading:
Technical Improving Marea Headlights

Bogbeast

One of the few problems I've had with my Marea is the headlights. Until yesterday they appeared to be fairly bad projection forward so when I had it serviced yesterday I got them to check the angle which proved to be too low. As a result I now get good projection forward.

The main problem though is that the amount of light they throw out is simply abysmal. I've got the standard halogen bulbs in at the moment. Are there any better bulbs out on the market that will give better output? I'm preferably looking for something that doesn't cost an arm and a leg and all the bits in between. :)

If new bulbs aren't the answer then is it possible to fit a set of driving lights? And before I get flamed about this, I'm talking reasonably powered driving lights set at the correct angle and which only come on when I switched to dipped headlights. I'm not talking about getting super dooper fog lights than burn out your retinas in 2 seconds that other people near me seem to have! :(

Any advice will be appreciated.

Michael

polecat said:
Philips and Ring both do 50% brighter bulbs for about £19 - £22 a pair.

I have Ring fitted to mine.

Cheers for that! I don't suppose you know off the top of your head what the fitting is, i.e H1, H4 or H7? I'm going to order a set today and need to make sure I get the correct fitting. My car's a V reg 1.8 Marea 115. It's got what I think are the newer light fittings, i.e. the sidelights are the small "elliptical" bulbs with no bovious reflector.

Michael

polecat said:
H1 bulbs in mine, I think most models use them.

Thanks for that. A set have now been ordered. :) Nearly ordered some Xenons because they look cool, but realised you need to get a conversion kit.

Michael

Hello guys.I just changed the left headlight on my bravo with the marea poly elliptical.Both headlights Philips +130 light.
The problem is that the marea headlight have almost no light.I mean its like there no a definitive ray of light, it's just a blur.
Any ideas?

New old or new units? I've went through junkyard for multiple units until a decent ones were found and I get very good light. Here is pictures whats inside some of the units:
Pretty decent (installed upside down so the destroyed bit is not interfering)

Bad
Bad
Bad

Just cut out plastic near the low beam with dremel cutting bit so it can be still glued together.

I also recommend running relays from battery as depending on model/year some or all power goes trough the light switch.

Well my units are from a scrapyard,but much better even than your decent one.I changed yesterday the bulbs.I installed some leds on dipped beam and now everything are smooth.I set them up on a photometer(no glaring).
I m just wondering if anyone has retrofitted a better projector on them

Back