badges

Currently reading:
badges

pk090

Established member
This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Someone has done it on a MK2, smokeyjoe03

I dont know if the badges are the same on the MK1 and MK2 but the badge was slightly bigger than the MK2 hole so he put something behind it to fill the recess and glued it on top.
Yeah that was me mate ;)

P020609_21_10_01_.JPG

The badges don't fit in the recess so I filled it 1st (hasn't got to be a tidy job as the badge covers it, I used the lid off a tin of hammerite :D). Then I just stuck the badge to the car using this glue dad gets from work. The kinda stuff you can't just pull off.

However on the mk2 the bonnet is curved and the badge was flat so it didn't quite stick at the top and bottom, can hardly notice it though, still looks good imho.

EDIT: And oh yeah, my badge cost 99p + P+P and was brand new :D Keep shopping on eBay instead of using the buy it nows.

Last edited:
Looks good but a bit too big me thinks
What car do you have now smokey? Pic me, PM?

I have just brought a mk2b active sport, it was slightly crash damaged, only cost me £1500, and its on a 53 plate with a GENUINE 15k miles.

I'll post pics up in MM thread soon, its in the garage atm having a new wishbone fitted at the moment.

After that had been done the only issue with it is that the bumper has been replaced with a standard mk2b punto one, so I'm keeping my eye out for an active sport (y)

And as for the badge, yeah it did look a bit too big after I had done it but I was happy enough with it so I left it on.

Last edited:
changed my mind :) going to leave the normal /f/i/a/t/ one as tris put it on...and look for some read gp centre caps see if they will fit.

Back