Newbie considering Marea Weekend 100TD

Currently reading:
Newbie considering Marea Weekend 100TD

Status
Not open for further replies.

KK Jale

Hi all, nice to be here. I was advised to post in Let's Talk Fiat as the Marea section is mostly technical.

I'm looking at a 1998 Marea Weekend SX 1.9 100TD with 120k on the clock. It’s been owned by a friend for a few months: he's just bought a cleaner one.

The good stuff: the cambelt has just been done, complete with idler and auto tension adjuster, all Fiat parts. He's also put in a pattern radiator, cleaned the injectors, and done all filters and oil. Apparently the last owner did a new clutch and new front discs.

The bad stuff: central locking doesn’t work, so you have to insert the red over-ride widget into the dashboard. Rear wash is out. There’s a dashboard light apparently to do with exhaust management (EGR?) that goes out when the engine is hot: this is my main concern. Couple of dings, manky door handles, not too bad.

I'm thinking that a TD100 with the cambelt just done has got to be worth a look at around £500. It drives really well, too.

So hovering on the brink of my first-ever Fiat, I’d appreciate any input, encouragement, or dire grievous warnings :) Any alarm bells? Anything I must check? What say ye?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back