General exhaust system

Currently reading:
General exhaust system

topgear007

hi all,
i have a fiat ulysse 2.0 petrol 2004, the exhaust system muffer and middle pipe are gone,

do anybody no of any prices for this , or for a complete system ,my main dealer qoted 1600 pounds for system and 500 pounds for the back muffer and middle part, seems a high price

Hi try ebay, we have same car and ours has had a section replaced, they cut it just passed the cat section and joined it there, not perfect because it blows a little not enough to worry about, not sure on costs because it was already done before we got the car, search for citroen C8 or peouget 807 as well.

We sold ours a few years ago, but we had the same thing. I bought the part from Citroen as it was much cheaper, I think around £160 from memory. The middle and end box are all one section, so you need to cut to fit the new bit. As long as it is fitted with paste and the correct clamps it was absolutely fine.

The original broke off in front of the rear box, it seemed to have poor welds and no support. I think it was barely 3 years old when it failed. It was a 2004My petrol as well.

P.S The part number stamped on the exhaust was a PSA number and Citroen found it from that.

hi all,
i have a fiat ulysse 2.0 petrol 2004, the exhaust system muffer and middle pipe are gone,

do anybody no of any prices for this , or for a complete system ,my main dealer qoted 1600 pounds for system and 500 pounds for the back muffer and middle part, seems a high price

Longlife Performance CentresTong Road Leeds LS12 4QP 0113 2798944 0113 2798966

Hi, I have just purchased a fiat Ulysse Eleganza 2.2 jtd, and found the rear exhaust was blowing, found a company that deals with exhausts, and got mine for £120 fitted, which is a lot cheaper than the rest I believe. The company is called
Online Automotive, they are net based and do all the arranging with a local garage for you

Hi i have just found out my rear box on my Ulysse had broken off, took it to my local kwik-fit and they showed me that the front pipe is also blowing just before the cat or the Particulate Filter, problem is that they don't have a part listed for it, i told them to look under the Citroen C8 or Peugeot 807 but they don’t have a middle box which mines has even Online Automotive shows it with no middle box guy said it could need a full new system front to back . Just left them my details and they will phone me tomorrow but think i will see about getting a custom stainless steel system made and fitted.

Darren

I think you will find darren, depending on model you have , they dont have a middle box, even when first built, as all mine has is going from manifold is a section holding the particulate filter and the catalic filter, then a pipe goes from that part all the way to the rear box, so all in all I have only 2 joints on mine, with no middle box, what model do you have

Update, going to get my exhaust changed to a stainless one, the price is £570 including cat (High flow sports cat, what ever that means lol) this is the full price including vat etc. Does anyone have one of these High Flow Sports cat on there ulysse, as want to know if any good cheers

Hi
i got two prices in for the exhaust Kwik-Fit wanted £660 for the full system and Budget wanted £400 for 3 parts (Front Pipe,Middle and Back Box)
so i went to a custom stainless steel place and got it done for £275, well pleased with it...
I have a 2.0 JTD Eleganza by the way..

Back