Technical Major Problem

Currently reading:
Technical Major Problem

Redpunto2004

Ive got a 1997 punto 55 s and Ive got to change the nearside rear radius arm. Ive got it downto the last bolt which goes through the end of the radius arm and into a mounting bracket either side. The bolts about 8 inches long and runs through a bearing in the radius arm. Its only threaded on the bit that sticks out the mounting for the nut to go on. Ive got the nut off, and now cant get the bolt out, Its seized to the bearings inside so turning it just turns the bearings. Ive tried beating the hell out of it with a lump hammer, and it didnt move at all, and Ive tried sawing it off between the mounts and the arm but the gap is way too thin to get a saw blade in. Anyone had this problem or has a solution, it would be greatly appreciated if someone could help with any ideas.

Thanks

Come on people, this is a common problem, Im sure someone knows how to fix this!

Thanks again

Go to your fiat dealer, buy a new nut and bolt. Use the new bolt as a punch to knock the old bolt out. Spray what you can see of the old bolt with loads of wd 40 and leave over night to seep in. then give it a push with a mallet, not a metal hammer. should do the trick.
Soak it in loads of spray oil, it will budge eventually.

Last edited:
Thanks a lot for the reply, i got a new bolt anyway so i will try that. I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks again.

I tried it this morning, and the old bolt still wont budge. I think the angle grinder is gonna have to come out. GRRRRRRRRRRRR SEIZED BOLTS :bang:

Finally got the old Radius Arm off, I had to saw through the bolt both sides of the arm. Took a long time, some help, and a lot of effort but it was worth it.

Thanks again for all replies.

Back