New24.jpg

Grande Punto 1.4 16v Grande Punto Sporting - Andy The Gardener

Introduction

So, heres my Fiat Grande Punto 1.4 16v Sporting in Carribean Orange.

So far, I have:

Removed the Punto badge on the boot as well as the blue badges on each side,
Swapped the grill, boot and steering wheel badges for the black 'Abarth' type ones,
Re-sprayed both front grills in matt black,
Fitted black & chrome 17" alloys (can't remember the brand),

New33.jpg

New42.jpg

New24.jpg

And, the next changes are:

The three rear windows being tinted,
Ive ordered a front splitter,
and a few others bits and bobs.

Comments of all kinds welcome.
Had the rear 3 windows tinted today, they look great - but no pictures yet.
I also fitted the Seat splitter to the front. I'll admit its not an incredible attempt, and its far from being perfect but im pleased with the how it looks.

Like most people have said, its a pain in the arse to get on but worth it.

Car_Splitter_smaller.jpg

Comments welcome (like I said, i know its not perfect)

That exhaust tip isnt standard, how did you go about purchasing it if you say your car is the 1.4 16v sporting?

The exhaust tip is standard - for the Sporting at least, when I bought it in '07.

Thanks for all the kind comments guys. I agree and disagree with the abarth badges - the only reason for them being on is that there black - if I could find some black FIAT ones i'd whack them on instead.

EDIT: Also had the rear windows tinted this past week:

Car_16.JPG

Last edited:
The exhaust tip is standard - for the Sporting at least, when I bought it in '07.

Thanks for all the kind comments guys. I agree and disagree with the abarth badges - the only reason for them being on is that there black - if I could find some black FIAT ones i'd whack them on instead.

EDIT: Also had the rear windows tinted this past week:

Car_16.JPG

LOVE the tints (y)

There's a company that do custom coloured badges...my mate just had a black and green ford one knocked up which looks awesome! they just stick over the top of the existing one's and you get a full set inc front, rear, steering wheel and wheel centres. I'll see if i can get the website for you...they're only cheap as well (y)

Re: 1.4 16v Grande Punto Sporting - Andy The Gardener - Update: 13/06/09

Just a quick shot of something i've done so far today. Nothing special, but a nice little touch. I spotted one of those paint pens and thought i'd give it a go.

(also, made a start of painting the brake calipers red)

Tyres1.JPG

needs lowering (y)

Have been looking into getting the car lowered now (y)

To be honest, ive read though and searched through a few of the posts on the Grande section about lowering and so far come up with that alot of people use Eibach springs.

Have had a look and found these: http://www.eibach-suspension.co.uk/p1332895.htm

Which say it will lower the car by 25-30mm if im reading it correctly. I think this should be sufficient, I don't want it really low as I don't want to be fearing going over speed-bumps etc. What do you guys think, would this be enough to make it look lower and better?

Also, if I bought these. I presume they are just a straight swap for the original 'stock' springs and I wouldn't have to buy anything else for these to be okay to fit? I would get a garage to fit them, if I did it i'd completely balls it up as I havn't got a clue.

Ta very much.

What you want are these mate!

http://www.eibach-suspension.co.uk/p1331653.htm

The trouble with the Pro-Kit is that it doesn't actually lower it by as much as it says it does...so you will be left with a car that looks similar(ish) to how it does now although it will handle a bit better! The sportlines provide you with a pretty decent drop (although it does still leave arch gap) and the handling is significantly better! Also, having been tested by a lot of us for so long it's pretty safe to assume that they're a decent set of springs!!!! :D

They are just a straight swap so no extra's needed...just the right tools! ;)

What you want are these mate!

http://www.eibach-suspension.co.uk/p1331653.htm

The trouble with the Pro-Kit is that it doesn't actually lower it by as much as it says it does...so you will be left with a car that looks similar(ish) to how it does now although it will handle a bit better! The sportlines provide you with a pretty decent drop (although it does still leave arch gap) and the handling is significantly better! Also, having been tested by a lot of us for so long it's pretty safe to assume that they're a decent set of springs!!!! :D

They are just a straight swap so no extra's needed...just the right tools! ;)

Thanks for that. I will definatly look into getting it lowered. I heard or read somewhere that if its lowered anymore than 30mm that something else has to be upgraded/changed - may have read it wrong though.

Back