Technical Changing seat in 1.4 sport... Help!

Currently reading:
Technical Changing seat in 1.4 sport... Help!

phenomenon67

Hi all, my first post here...:D

I have just got my 500 1.4 sport and it is great!(y) But I am having a rather bad issue which is really putting me off the car.

I didn't notice until I had taken the car on a reasonbly long journey(Hence why I didn't pick it up in the test drive) but the seat for me is too high and doesn't go back quite far enough. (I am nearly 6'2 with long legs! :eek:)

I have been trying to find some information on fitting a new seat but either it isn't out there or it is well hidden!:p

I need to somehow fit a seat that sits lower and will give me more movement backward than that standard seat. I have been thinking along the lines of a recaro or something similar, but I don't know what that entails to fit it and whether it will fit at all. I have read about subframes, but I have no idea if I will need one or which one I might need.

Any help is greatly appreciated as I want to get out and enjoy my car!:cool:

Thanks,

Sam

Hi all, my first post here...:D

I have just got my 500 1.4 sport and it is great!(y) But I am having a rather bad issue which is really putting me off the car.

I didn't notice until I had taken the car on a reasonbly long journey(Hence why I didn't pick it up in the test drive) but the seat for me is too high and doesn't go back quite far enough. (I am nearly 6'2 with long legs! :eek:)

I have been trying to find some information on fitting a new seat but either it isn't out there or it is well hidden!:p

I need to somehow fit a seat that sits lower and will give me more movement backward than that standard seat. I have been thinking along the lines of a recaro or something similar, but I don't know what that entails to fit it and whether it will fit at all. I have read about subframes, but I have no idea if I will need one or which one I might need.

Any help is greatly appreciated as I want to get out and enjoy my car!:cool:

Thanks,

Sam

As it happens I'm fitting a racing seat to my 500 for next months run to the Nurburgring. I've got a Corbeau Revolution seat and I've got side mounts on order for it. They bolt on to the front and back at each side of the seat. These in turn bolt on to the subframes that need to be bolted to the floor of the car. OMP make these subframes either in fixed (the ones I'm getting) or moveable. To give you an idea of cost the fixed OMP subframes are about £120, the side mounts are about the same and then add in the seat.

Of course this is for a racing bucket seat so it may vary for a road seat.

cheers
J

ps: welcome to the forum, nice to see another 1.4 owner.

Last edited:
might be worth giving "demon tweaks" a call. Although I'd guess the ECU will spring no end of error messages once the seat presence detector, air bag and seat belt sensor are removed.

Also if you have the Interscope there is very little room under the seat due to the sub-woofer being there.

As it happens I'm fitting a racing seat to my 500 for next months run to the Nurburgring. I've got a Corbeau Revolution seat and I've got side mounts on order for it. They bolt on to the front and back at each side of the seat. These in turn bolt on to the subframes that need to be bolted to the floor of the car. OMP make these subframes either in fixed (the ones I'm getting) or moveable. To give you an idea of cost the fixed OMP subframes are about £120, the side mounts are about the same and then add in the seat.

Of course this is for a racing bucket seat so it may vary for a road seat.

cheers
J

ps: welcome to the forum, nice to see another 1.4 owner.

Do post pics once your seat is fitted, I am also interested in something like this.

Abarth will be releasing the racing seats shown at Geneva sometime later this year. Look great but are estimated to cost near 2k for the pair. No idea if these will be readily available to all 500/GP owners

If your legs are really long, take the front seat out and sit in the back!

Hope your arms are long as well!:)

Back