Chrysler pursuing clause to award Fiat $35 million if deal falls apart

Currently reading:
Chrysler pursuing clause to award Fiat $35 million if deal falls apart

chrysler-deal.jpg

Think Fiat's getting a pretty sweet deal with Chrysler? The Italian automaker is, after all, gaining a 20% stake in the troubled American automaker, plus local manufacturing capacity and access to its dealer networks, all without paying a thin dime. Not a bad deal, but Chrysler's hard at work trying to make it sweeter. Emerging reports suggest that if the deal between Fiat and Chrysler were to fall apart, Chrysler would be obligated to pay Fiat $35 million in severance fees.

Chrysler is currently pursuing the clause in the courts administering its bankruptcy protection. The reasoning is that Fiat has put in the time and money into pursuing the partnership that would allow Chrysler to continue operating, and if the courts - or anyone else, for that matter - were to terminate the arrangement, Fiat would deserve compensation. A similar clause worked out well for Fiat after its partnership with General Motors was terminated. The tables now turned, Fiat has certainly come a long way since then.

Clever guys although I think this ends up generating some mistrust between the two companies which might be bad for the business. But the business is world is like with everyone trying to get the advantage over the others

These US Italian deals have happened before only this time its nice to see Fiat in charge.
Lets hope we see cars comeing out of this, although I would rather see teh Lancia Delta in the Uk than a Chryler version I can see some UK buyers rebadgeing otherwise.
Chrysler do get new platforms and efficinet Fiat engines out of this deal instead of there great but greedy 3 litres and 4.8 - They get dual clutch efficient engines and muti air technology + input from Alfa. Maseratti not to mention Ferrari - Ford would eat there vinyl spoiler for Enzo's old company.

These US Italian deals have happened before only this time its nice to see Fiat in charge.
Lets hope we see cars comeing out of this, although I would rather see teh Lancia Delta in the Uk than a Chryler version I can see some UK buyers rebadgeing otherwise.
Chrysler do get new platforms and efficinet Fiat engines out of this deal instead of there great but greedy 3 litres and 4.8 - They get dual clutch efficient engines and muti air technology + input from Alfa. Maseratti not to mention Ferrari - Ford would eat there vinyl spoiler for Enzo's old company.
What I have recently found ot is that Chrysler acquired a Fiat for $85,000
http://www.auto-power-girl.com/cars...r_auctions_the_first_fiat_500_for_$85000.html

Not bad. I report I have just acquired rights for both Ferrari and Maserati badges for EUR 1. Certified by the Nigerian branch of a Chinese company.

Back