Pioneer sub with what amp?

Currently reading:
Pioneer sub with what amp?

I wouldnt touch Car Audio Centre with a 9ft barge pole.
Also with that kind of power you will need to amp up a decent set of components up front and 6x9's should never share the same air space as larger subs or they will blow up.
Also with 1k you will need a decent wiring kit and build a proper enclosure and suitable sound deaden too.
What sort of budget do you have.

Thanks for the reply. At the moment all i have is £200 but I've heard that sub before so thats why i want that particular one. What sort of amp would you suggest if i forgot about the 6X9s.

Is that £200 just for the amp for the sub and you will sort the components at a later date.
Dont forget its 20% Equipment 80% installation, i just think that you need to get things sorted properly you cant just get a £20 8 gauge wiring kit off ebay and stick the sub in the cheapest prefab box you can find. It will sound gash.

No chance the sub that you posted only sounds good compared to other things you have heard because it can take a hell of a lot of power in comparison. You will need at the very least 700w RMS but i would recomend that you run it off 1000w RMS with a well built ported box at least 1.8cu ft after displacments
Edit if your budget really is that tight you probably are better off buying one of the JBL bass packages you get a hell of a lot of bass for your money. Just because you buy a good sub doesnt mean that it will sound good if you dont amp it and set it up properly.

Last edited:
Thanks a lot volxstu great advice (y) One last question, where would be a good place to get the packages if car audio center is no good?

I've bought from car audio centre before with no problems. Delivery was next day. The JBL promo pack from car audio direct finally arrived and to be honest, their customer service was a little unhelpful. I sent them an email and they just said they were waitin for the amp to come into stock. Didn't apologise for the delay or anything.

I've got it fitted and up and running though... And i'm very happy with the results! (y)

Trust me 99% of packages that offer full range speakers are a waste of money. ;)
Buy the fusion kit ask to upgrade to a decent wiring kit or i know somebody who is selling an Autoleads 0 gauge with distribution blocks etc for £47 which is a cracking deal and will be completely future proof.
Then save up and buy another amp and some decent components dont waste your time with 6x9's.

Back