General New 500 owner

Currently reading:
General New 500 owner

Well just come back from purchasing myself a 1.2 Boss Nova Sport with red leather, red chequered roof and number 5 sticker.
Was just put in the dealers showroom and was able to get a very good discount and trade in price.
Hoping to be able to add the chrome bumper strips once the dealer works out if they can be added to the sport and not just the pop as in the brochure. Will also add the chrome bonnet strip and the side running strip with the red and white 500 insert.

Cant wait till next weekend now! When I can take Bella home!

Thanks for the messages, I can't wait to bring her home. Love the red leather look and think it goes well with the red checked roof and number.
Just hoping I can add the chrome bumpers as want to give a retro sporty look.
Managed to get the floor mats thrown in for free today as he forgot that he had included them when he entered the discount at the end. He even gave me my welcome pack usb stick thing today to play with.
Fingers crossed I can convince him to throw in the Italian wing stickers this week ;)

As salesman go, he has been fantastic.

Sounds like u got a good deal and nice to hear of a good salesman for once! I have red side stripes on mine and it goes well with the white, so your chequered roof should look mint. Also not many people seem to have the no5 so you're gonna be fairly unique in your choice of stickers!

Worth a try but does anyone know if the chrome front and rear bumper strips can be added or is it like the brochure says just the pop can have them added after factory build?

I saw a post about this on the forum but no firm answer was given.

Thanks

Worth a try but does anyone know if the chrome front and rear bumper strips can be added or is it like the brochure says just the pop can have them added after factory build?

I saw a post about this on the forum but no firm answer was given.

Thanks

The chrome bumper strips can be added afterwards, either by the dealer or DIY. The only difference AFAIK is that the factory fit ones have holes cut in the bumpers (ask nuova500 or nottsfiat07 about that malarkey) and the aftermarket versions are glued on which is a lot easier.

oh how handy and just round the corner from me. what happens at these meets? never been part of a family before :)

wondering if my Bella will be chromed now as the dealer are still undecided if the chrome front and rear bumpers can be added to a sport. :(

he also quoted me over £200 for the side rubbing strips which i thought was a tad high

but hey she is all mine on Saturday :)

Well here she is with her new rubbing strips and Italian wing stickers. Have to say the drive is so enjoyable. I'm finding I'm now taking the long route home just to spend more time in her. Got a free model Fiat 500 during the fitting of the strips which was nice :)

Attachments

• 500 007.JPG
    500 007.JPG
    595.7 KB · Views: 36
  • 500 008.JPG
    500 008.JPG
    465.6 KB · Views: 38
Have to say I'm not a massive fan of the rubbing strips, but with yours being largely chromeless, they actually look rather good! I think they go well with the mouldings on the bumper and the white wing mirrors. As a white with red owner, I approve of your spec! :D

Back