General Fiat Parts price hike!

Currently reading:
General Fiat Parts price hike!

So, in preperation for the 500's first trip abroad I phoned the local dealer (a couple of weeks ago) to get a price for the "travel kit" - spare bulbs, triangle, hi-viz vest, torch - £15+vat. Bargain I thought.

In I went yesterday, price is now £24! Well, at least it comes in a nice Fiat bag - with velcro on it - "so you can stick it to the boot carpet", said the parts man. "Oh no", said I, "Frenchies say it must be kept in the cabin, not the boot - besides which I have a boot liner".

I wonder what else has gone up...

I think it is only the vest that has to be kept in the car, the rest can stick to the carpet on the side of the boot to keep it out of the way and remain quickly accessible.

I'm doing the same thing (going abroad) next weekend so decided to buy upgraded bulbs for the car and use the originals as the spares.

Have a good holiday and enjoy the lovely roads, as it's the first time you have taken the 500 abroad then it will be such a revelation as the ride will be so much better. (y)

Did they give you a part number for this?

I asked if they could get me one but forgot to ask if the lot came in a bag, see what it has tomorrow

As a little postscript I've only just this minute opened the kit and had a proper look. And I wish I hadn't. It is total and utter cheap tat - everything is of course made in China but in a factory that even Mattel must have rejected.
Even the bulbs are cheap and unbranded and don't all fit properly into the kit. And to add insult to injury, the triangle is broken:(

So, a resounding (n)

Back