Technical Mysterious Milege Reset

Currently reading:
Technical Mysterious Milege Reset

kencarpy

I now own THREE Fiats:
a great wee 2004 Panda Dynamic
an equally excellent 2007 Doblo 1.9 Dynamic
(which I'm selling - any offers?)
and a recently purchased Dethleffs Motorhome on a Fiat Ducato chasis.

When I collected the Motorhome (from Marquis Motorhomes, Preston)
I discovered that the mileage, which shold have read 4085, had been mysteriously reset to zero by the Fiat dealer who had just serviced the vehicle (Thoranmart Ltd, Preston Motor Park).

I've been told that because the mileage hadn't been reset to zero at PDI (there is no record of a PDI ever having been done - it's a 2007 vehicle)
the mileage has been reset now!

They are going to send me a letter of explanation which I hope is clear and will satisfy any potential future buyer of the vehicle, but I find this all very strange and am very worried about the whole thing.
:confused:
Does anyone out there have any experience of such a high mileage being reset? I'd really appreciate any advice.

Many thanks

Ken (a very worried Fiat fanatic!)

Ok, long story short. I bought my wife a Fiat Palio Blu a few years ago in South Africa. The palio was a limited edition, and it gave us endless trouble. I took it back after 8 weeks and asked Fiat to replace the car with a brand new one. After alot of hesitation they replaced it with another Palio "Blu". When i inspected the car it had a few different things short which the others models all had. I imediatly thought they just gave me a normal Palio and added a few things to it. When i confronted them they gave me a letter stating it is definately a Palio "Blu", and they also gave me all the serial numbers of the Palio "Blu's" they had build. When i sold the car i never had any problems because i had the letter to prove that it was infact a Palio "Blu".

As long as they give you a proper letter with dealers Letter head on it, i wouldn't be too cocerned if i was you. Good luck! Hope you enjoy the new vehicle.(y)

Thanks for the Palio story.

I'm feeling a wee bit better about it now. :)

Back