General chip2race "run3" chip early thoughts

Currently reading:
General chip2race "run3" chip early thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaydr

the man without a plan
hi all

i have just taken delivery of the new "run3" version of amit ohayon's chip2race series of ecu chip. Initial signs are pretty good but i cant gauge just how much difference there is between this and the last one at the moment (only just gone in so still taking it easy while the ecu re-adapts itself). I did boot it once and i can tell you the limiter cuts in at approx 6200 rpm which tells me this chip might be best suited to those with a 1242 conversion (im still running 1108) also the immobiliser seems to be working as normal (good or bad thing its up to you to decide???). as time goes on ill be updating my findings.

cheers
jay

the 1242 shouldnt limit to around 6500 tho, mine was set to bounce at 7500 and that was fine :)

i thought the 1242 was limited to about 6500 by the ecu??? (im sure i saw it in an faq). Ive spoken to amit and he says there is another version in the pipeline which removes the immobiliser and also the rev limit (y).

Hi...
When does the old chip2race set the limiter?? 7000?Or even higher? Why did you change?? What are you doing with the old one??;):rolleyes:
Did anyone manage to contact Michael? What does he think of this chip??
Any oppinions from the others?? Should i buy?? Am tempted, as I seem to be unable to get in touch with Michael..

Greatings
Marko

Hi...
When does the old chip2race set the limiter?? 7000?Or even higher? Why did you change?? What are you doing with the old one??;):rolleyes:
Did anyone manage to contact Michael? What does he think of this chip??
Any oppinions from the others?? Should i buy?? Am tempted, as I seem to be unable to get in touch with Michael..

Greatings
Marko

im not sure where the limiter is with the other chip (im not a fan of pushing it that hard) but i have had it up to 7000. im sending the old chip to amit because he wants it in exchange for this prototype. As far as buying the original chip2race chip goes id buy it but on the other hand id be tempted to wait for the finalised run3 chip to be produced.

just a little update to my findings: ive now covered 30 miles with the new chip and i can say that the power delivery is a lot smoother than the old chip and it seems to have better acceleration between 3-5000 rpms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back