Technical transmission shifter ?

Currently reading:
Technical transmission shifter ?

ArberMehmeti

Hii

I'm having some problems with my transmission shifter i think..it goes so hard everytime i change the speeds..a guy told me that i have to put some oil in there and will make it move easier (see pic ) , but im not sure i thought it will be better to ask somebody in here before i make a move...

Attachments

• 130420094814.jpg
    130420094814.jpg
    319.2 KB · Views: 45
similar thing started happening to mine a time back, ended up having to get a new gearbox after it eventually started knocking. that was the first symtom i noticed.

Unlikely that ball joint needs greased and very unlikely to be your problem.

If it's tight getting into gear try greasing the 2 linkages under the bonnet.

If the gearbox oil hasn't been changed in the last 4 years, do it. People often overlook it.

If they don't solve the problem then it could be clutch or worn synchros i.e. new gearbox time.

Unlikely that ball joint needs greased and very unlikely to be your problem.

If it's tight getting into gear try greasing the 2 linkages under the bonnet.

If the gearbox oil hasn't been changed in the last 4 years, do it. People often overlook it.

If they don't solve the problem then it could be clutch or worn synchros i.e. new gearbox time.

i bought the car 8 months ago so i dont really know if the gearbox oil was changed .. can u plz tell me how to do that..and is there special oil just for gearbox ? or any oil can do ?

i bought the car 8 months ago so i dont really know if the gearbox oil was changed .. can u plz tell me how to do that..and is there special oil just for gearbox ? or any oil can do ?

Go to fiat and buy the correct gearbox oil.

Drain from the back, it has a plug like on the sump only smaller.
Re-fill with 2 litres at the top. There's a platic grommet covering the fill point behind the battery tray.

Linkages look in the engine bay for them, pull the rubber boots to one side and smear copper grease on them. Re-cover with the boot, change gear a few times and see how it goes.

Go to fiat and buy the correct gearbox oil.

Drain from the back, it has a plug like on the sump only smaller.
Re-fill with 2 litres at the top. There's a platic grommet covering the fill point behind the battery tray.

Linkages look in the engine bay for them, pull the rubber boots to one side and smear copper grease on them. Re-cover with the boot, change gear a few times and see how it goes.

thanks for your information . i hope im not asking to much but a pic would help alot

Back