Technical OBD socket?

Currently reading:
Technical OBD socket?

SGThirkell

Just been exploring my JTD and found what looks like an OBD socket.
Anyone know what yo can access from this and what's the protocol used to connect to a laptop as I have a lead I used to use for a Citroen and that's ISO. Knowing my luck it won't be that :cry:

I've got a 2005 JTD and the OBD protocol according the reader (u480) is ISO9141.
This gives you access to generic OBDII codes, definitions for these codes are available on the web but if you have problems post the error and I'll let you know what it is.

Just been exploring my JTD and found what looks like an OBD socket.
Anyone know what yo can access from this and what's the protocol used to connect to a laptop as I have a lead I used to use for a Citroen and that's ISO. Knowing my luck it won't be that :cry:

If the socket is to the right of the steering wheel, down from the air vent, under a plastic cover, then yes it's the OBD socket.
As well as reading diagnostic codes, you can use it to remap the ECU.

Thanks guys, that's a real help. I'll get the laptop fired up and see if i can connect up using that ISO setting. :slayer:

Ok, just tried the socket and can't get any power to my interface connection.
Anyone know which fuse this socket is supplied from in case that's gone? Or am I missing something here?
I connected up and started the engine so am assuming it would become "live" at that point :confused:

Back