Technical Tiptronic Funtion Not Working

Currently reading:
Technical Tiptronic Funtion Not Working

andrew nicolaou

The tiptronic funtion on My Croma, 2.2 petrol prestigio, Automatic,25000 miles on the clock has stopped working. Does anyone have any ideas?
It will work as soon as you start the engine and pull away but after a few secs it goes into AUTO mode and stays there.

Andrew, do you have a warning light on, which would mean you need diagnostic kit to find the cause?

I have Elearn (workshop manual) on my hard disk, had a look but the complications are amazing. If its not a bad electrical external connection, there are 5? solenoids in the gearbox, as well as the electronics. With no warning light you have to hope its a connection on the gear lever. Needs someone who has seen the Aisin box before, I believe yours is 5 speed, the other Cromas are 6 speed.
Not much help really.

If the setup is the same as the Stilo then you can try resetting the sytem via the drivers door.

Can't remember if this should be done with the ignition on or off but if you start with th ignition off and it doesn't work then repeat with the ignition on.

"Open and Close the drivers door ten times times in slow succession"

No I'm not taking the *iss.

As the 2.2 is a GM lump and the car is based on a Signum then perhaps www.vectra-c.com might be of help. My 2.4 multijet does this occasionally, there's no pattern and it always resets after turning off the engine then restarting. As the only common factors between your 5-speed 2.2 petrol and my 6-speed 2.4 diesel are the gear lever, CAN bus and wiring I'm wondering whether there's a loss of information either from the gearbox or from the gear lever. Given the fact that Fiat's reputation for wiring snags is actually better than Vauxhall's then it's likely there's a dodgy connection somewhere. If you find it, could you let me know please? :D

HTH.

Car is now at the garage, so hopefully we will know soon what the problem is soon. I will keep you posted.

Last edited:
My car went into the garage several times, including FIAT technical, and no one could solve the problem! One mechanic fixed it for about 2 weeks but that was it! I was very dissapointed with this car! I have been driving Fiats for most of my adult life, but after the fiasco with this problem, and over £1500 later, I have got rid of the car.I now have a Mercedes! You get what you pay for!!! Good luck with your problem and if you do find a magical cure, let me know, I would be intrested in knowing what the problem is.

Back