General drive shaft oil seal gone

Currently reading:
General drive shaft oil seal gone

i picked my mjet up on tuesday love it :D its a pleaseure to drive, but i kept getting this burning oil smell so i put it over the pit at work this morn and on the o/s drive shaft the oil seal has gone on the gearbox :( spoke to my dealer and got it booked in, i was just wondering if anyone has had it go before?? and any idea how long they should take to do?? ive go to wait till next friday before i can get it in, should i worry bout it toterly running dry of oil?? its not toterly dripping off but it must just be flicking on to the engine and burning off giving me the burning oil smell. thanks for any advise. Lewis

i picked my mjet up on tuesday love it :D its a pleaseure to drive, but i kept getting this burning oil smell so i put it over the pit at work this morn and on the o/s drive shaft the oil seal has gone on the gearbox :( spoke to my dealer and got it booked in, i was just wondering if anyone has had it go before?? and any idea how long they should take to do?? ive go to wait till next friday before i can get it in, should i worry bout it toterly running dry of oil?? its not toterly dripping off but it must just be flicking on to the engine and burning off giving me the burning oil smell. thanks for any advise. Lewis

I might be being a bit silly, dpepends on the maount but you want to be carefull of a fire springing up down there.

Back