General 32 mpg

Currently reading:
General 32 mpg

olispence

I only seem to be getting around 32 MPG out of my 1.2 active which seems a bit low to me. is it jst me driving like a cock or do you think there may be a problem.

im getting 41.5 mpg atm =]]

1.2 16v w reg

i put my foot down a times aswell
gone up by 4.5 mpg since having the alloys with brand new tyres

(town driving btw)

I only seem to be getting around 32 MPG out of my 1.2 active ...

How did you arrive at this 32mpg figure?

You'll need to do a brim2brim check & then again at least 3 times to calc. an accurate average result.

GP 1.2/8v Active 5 door, wheel at each corner, see-thro glass, badged

Even Mrs. Beard's 1.4 16v Stilo returns aroun 47-48 mpg on a Manchester to the Borough run at M-way speeds and with me driving about 42 round town. With Old Lead Foot (Mrs. Beard) at the wheel that's about 42-43 to Teesside and 37 around town.

A tremendous influence on a car's fuel consumption is keeping the revs down. If you find that in traffic you're constantly backing off because you've caught up with the car in front, then why not change up earlier and allow a bit more space between you and the geezer ahead.

In town traffic, in both the Panda MJ and the Stilo 1.4, 2000 - 2500 revs is enough to keep up with what's ahead of you. Might result in less wear and tear on the brakes as well.

Pfft thats not that bad if driving round town like ya stole it. I have a 1.6 even after the remap i struggle to get 32mpg motorway driving like my gran.

Little things can put your mpg out, like tyre pressures, but mainly its the way your driving, i used to dog my bravo around town flat out nearly everywhere and got 29mpg from 1.2, but careful driving, so low rev gear changes and good anticipation in traffic and correct tyre pressures, i nowget around 36-37 around town.

Back