Technical Air vent removal

Currently reading:
Technical Air vent removal

Hey folks,

OK my passenger side air vent has been knocked in at one side. How do I remove without taking the dash off or breaking anything??

I tried to lever the side of the vent but get no purchase. Is there a clip or such that allows removal???

thanks for any help

Hey folks,

OK my passenger side air vent has been knocked in at one side. How do I remove without taking the dash off or breaking anything??

I tried to lever the side of the vent but get no purchase. Is there a clip or such that allows removal???

thanks for any help
many threads about it.
anyway there are 5 clips that bond the air vent to the dash. just pull it up slowly so you don't break it. put some glue to the cips and pop it in again. it will be sealed for ever.

Thanks GDRIVER,

I think this is a different issue though. What you are suggesting is to fix the air vent sticking up from the dash??? The vent housing is A OK. It's the inner bit of the vent that goes from side to side wots been popped in. Just took a pic. Should be attached and explain betterer my problem. As mentioned I tried getting in about it with a spoon end with no luck.:bang:
So will I just apply more elbow grease, spoon and pliers or is there a knack?
Thanks

PS. In case anyone wants to mock the spoon useage, the end is rounded and reckoned would cause no marking. Obviously. :cool:

Attachments

• DSC00163 (Large).JPG
    DSC00163 (Large).JPG
    110.9 KB · Views: 167
Last edited:
Well you can take the whole thing out in order to do a better job.When i painted mine i took them off.You have to be carefull though not to damage the plastic.When i say the whole thing i meen the painted one in the picture.You can see what is behind and fix it.

Attachments

• IMAGE_048.jpg
    IMAGE_048.jpg
    404 KB · Views: 268
Thanks GDRIVER,

I think this is a different issue though. What you are suggesting is to fix the air vent sticking up from the dash??? The vent housing is A OK. It's the inner bit of the vent that goes from side to side wots been popped in. Just took a pic. Should be attached and explain betterer my problem. As mentioned I tried getting in about it with a spoon end with no luck.:bang:
So will I just apply more elbow grease, spoon and pliers or is there a knack?
Thanks

PS. In case anyone wants to mock the spoon useage, the end is rounded and reckoned would cause no marking. Obviously. :cool:
hi again mate. as vagosofron suggested. but in order to stick out the whole air vent you first need to unclip the little pastic trim just underneeth the vent.(the thin striaght line in grey or silver).

Back