Technical punto hgt - rattling noise from drivers side front arch? i think1

Currently reading:
Technical punto hgt - rattling noise from drivers side front arch? i think1

My punt has been lowered 50mm for about 6 month now and has developed a rattling noise. it sounds like a metal hitting metal type rattle, only does this over bumps or when going really slow like in traffic. but in slow traffic it sounds more like a slight grinding noise coming from the front and back drivers side. any ideas???? im puzzled.

Have you examined underneath the car from a visual perspective?
It may reveal scuffing or scratching (or worse) which you can't tell from top-side...

After removing and refitting my exhaust front end it's now makes a din on some curves especially road islands. Nothing else was touched on the chassis so I suspect the exhaust is rubbing somewhere.

After removing and refitting my exhaust front end it's now makes a din on some curves especially road islands. Nothing else was touched on the chassis so I suspect the exhaust is rubbing somewhere.

Mine did that for a little while WhiteSei when I replaced the back-box, it turned out I had'nt pushed the box up the pipe far enough causing the box to clunk against the rear of the car :p I also changed the rubber mounts as they looked a bit tired and it has more or less cured it unless of course I decide to take off like an F1-fighter Jet then I might get a clunk...:rolleyes:

I only undid the 2 bolts on the back of the centre cat and the at the manifold. But the rubber hangers did look a bit iffy. Its not that bad so I'll suss it eventually.

The metallic clanging might be the brake shield. I cant say about Fiats, but on one car I once forgot to bolt mine back after doing a wheel bearing.

Only option is to take off the wheel and have a look.

Just thought - how about the aircon condeser pot hehind the drivers side front bumper. The bracket on mine was quite rusty. Not enough to matter and its now waxoyled but I guess it could rust through.

Back