Technical What Fault Code Reader for Punto 1.2 8v 2000?

Currently reading:
Technical What Fault Code Reader for Punto 1.2 8v 2000?

storm415

Can anyone tell me what fault code reader will retrieve the fault codes on my 1.2 8V Punto (Reg. 2000) other than the Fiat Dealer one? My steering light is contantly on and the speedo doesn't work but the power steering does seems to work. Car is MOT failure with no tax or insurance hence can't get to main dealer 15 miles away. I read that OBD scanners work on post-2001 cars but am not sure about mine which is 2000. I changed the speed sensor but speedo is still not working. Car doesn't have the VSS modification. :bang:

Can anyone tell me what fault code reader will retrieve the fault codes on my 1.2 8V Punto (Reg. 2000) other than the Fiat Dealer one? My steering light is contantly on and the speedo doesn't work but the power steering does seems to work. Car is MOT failure with no tax or insurance hence can't get to main dealer 15 miles away. I read that OBD scanners work on post-2001 cars but am not sure about mine which is 2000. I changed the speed sensor but speedo is still not working. Car doesn't have the VSS modification. :bang:

as far as im aware, only the fiat examiner can read the steering computer. A standard OBD2 code reader will read engine management codes (i got one for £15 on ebay) but cant do anything with the steering. The MK2 punto is OBD2 compliant for grabbing engine management codes.

Back