General Head gasket and now a soggy carpet

Currently reading:
General Head gasket and now a soggy carpet

embellina

All, i need some advice. i bought a 60s (1999) about 2 months ago. 2 weeks ago i had to replace the head gasket (not happy) now since its been in i've been on the phone to the garage it went to for repair complaining of a funny smell (sorry not a mechanic- unfortunately.) and just been out to the car and the drivers floor is absolutely sodden through. its a slightly oily liquid but has a greeny/blue tinge......does anybody know whats gone wrong now?
any help would be appreciated! (and could i get away with driving it on short distances?)

hmm sounds to me like your heater matrix has gone the liquid is most likely coolant from engine wich contains antifreeze wich gives it that slightly oily texture and smell to it. i have read on hear before that it s common for heater matrix to get problems as result of head gasket problems so 2 are most likely linked. if it is the matrix then it would have leaked the coolant out from your car, you should check the coolant level in the engine. and you wont be able to drive it unless it topped up and not lekaing any more. if the leak is small i have heard of lots of people having succes with a products like Barsleak £5-£7 a bottle wich is designed to seal radiator leaks in cars.

i dont know if teh garage could of done anything to cause the leak someother peole will most lkiely reply to this and they may know.

OK, so hopefully not an expensive job then? they did do a pressure test actully. Thanks for your help!

my heater matrix went a few months ago, it was going to cost around £160 to get it replaced. I put two bottles of barsleaks in and thats cured it for now.

superb!!! thank you!!! should i try that first before i get the garage to have a look?

:bang: help!!!! just been quoted 350 to have the thing repaired - does that seem normal???

thanks will do - now need to trace a reliable garage....i'm going to go on a course a la kylie minogue in neighbours.... :worship: Thanks again,....

Back