Technical "CD Error"

Currently reading:
Technical "CD Error"

Brannigan

Hi Guys,

Just a quick question for you regarding the cd player.

Nearly all the time now, i get a 'cd error' message when i try to play a cd. Doesn't happen with all cds but the vast majority of them cause it now.

It seems to happen if the car has been left for a while. In the morning or after work for example. As you can imagine, its getting very irritating now.

I guess its not a major GP problem, as I couldn't find any threads with searching, but I was curious if any of you had seen it before and if its an easy fix?

Thanks.

This is really weird. I had the exact same issue with my Fiat Siena - also with a Blaupunkt cd... Also in in the mornings and after work it would refuse. I'd try over and over with the same CD until is worked, then it would be fine for the rest of the day until the next morning it would refuse again... Odd.

This is really weird. I had the exact same issue with my Fiat Siena - also with a Blaupunkt cd... Also in in the mornings and after work it would refuse. I'd try over and over with the same CD until is worked, then it would be fine for the rest of the day until the next morning it would refuse again... Odd.

Yeah, that's exactly the same as me. Did you ever get it fixed?

Yeah, that's exactly the same as me. Did you ever get it fixed?

Could be something as simple as a dirty lens. If lens was dirty, the slightest bit of condensation in the morning could stop it reading CD's

P

You can get laser cleaning CD's, maybe try one of them? Can't guarantee anything but that will probably figure out if its just a minor laser fault or ifits gonna be something expensive.

I just decided to book it in at the garage. It's still under warranty anyway.

Now all I need is for it to reproduce on demand!

try reset, worked for me. or try to use slow burning speeds on music and mp3 cd's, worked for me. or get rid of the unit, worked for me (y)

It isn't just burned CDs that it's struggling with. It's only been retail CDs that I've been trying to play recently.

Hey mines playing up too and has been for a while now. It plays cd's from the off ok but then after about 5 or 6 tracks it will stop, the display goes to 00:00 or something like it, and cd will not eject, press the cd button again, display says no source :bang: CD eventually comes out.

Mentioned it to Fiat when i had the car serviced and they blamed my copied cd's and told me to try pre-recorded cd's, same problem.

Car is booked in to fiat's to have a look at stereo and many other issues too (y)

My 07 GP is allergic to CD's too - all of them, whether the cars been left or not - new/old/copied CDs, the lot. I've got a new Fiat stereo on order which should be fitted in the next week or so. Just hope it's soon, cos I am sooooo sick of channel-flicking through radio stations to find some half decent choons... :mad:

Hey mines playing up too and has been for a while now. It plays cd's from the off ok but then after about 5 or 6 tracks it will stop, the display goes to 00:00 or something like it, and cd will not eject, press the cd button again, display says no source :bang: CD eventually comes out.

Mentioned it to Fiat when i had the car serviced and they blamed my copied cd's and told me to try pre-recorded cd's, same problem.

Car is booked in to fiat's to have a look at stereo and many other issues too (y)

Hi Payney. Mine does exactly the same - plays a track or two then just stops. Won't eject and display says 'no source'. :bang: It happens with all discs both home-burned and commercial releases.
I reckon FIAT has a design problem with these units. As the guarantee on audio is just one year I can't get them to fix it for free so have given up on the CD player.
If anyone else has experienced this problem, please let us know. Enough responses and a complaint to FIAT will be called for on the basis that it's a common fault (y).

I reckon FIAT has a design problem with these units. As the guarantee on audio is just one year I can't get them to fix it for free so have given up on the CD player.
If anyone else has experienced this problem, please let us know. Enough responses and a complaint to FIAT will be called for on the basis that it's a common fault (y).

Complain to Blaukpunt, Fiat dont make them & returned (faulty/for repair) units are sent to Blaukpunt not Fiat.

Wow looks like we have established a common fault with Blaukpunt stereos. I'll see what Fiat say next week, i have car booked in with them for a few faults, if they say they are not able to repair it and don't offer a new one one i will complain to Blaukpunt.

Wow looks like we have established a common fault with Blaukpunt stereos. I'll see what Fiat say next week, i have car booked in with them for a few faults, if they say they are not able to repair it and don't offer a new one one i will complain to Blaukpunt.

I'd like to hear their response. I guess they only cover the audio under warranty for a measly one year for a good reason - the stuff's p*ss poor. (n)

Back