General Did they update the Stilo?

Currently reading:
General Did they update the Stilo?

HellFire

Hi all, I am going to look at a Fiat Stilo Abarth in a few days and I noticed that it is called a "phase 2" Fiat Stilo. Did they update the car, and if so what was updated (technically and asthetically) and are their any major differences between the two?

I have attached an image of the car I am to see on saturday, I noticed that the front bumper appears to be different to other Stilo Abarth's I have seen.

Thanks, Chris.

Attachments

• fiat.jpg
    fiat.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 212
The Kit is...

The Abarth Kit, it can be bought from any fiat dealer, it consists of new bumpers, skirts (though with an Abarth you already will have these) and a bigger rear spoiler.

The whole lot comes to around £700. One recently went on ebay though for £99 :eek:

That car also has 17" alloys.

But...

If the car already has the factory ones, is it really worth it? I'd just add the badge to the factory set!

The aftermarket rear spoiler is better too ;)

Re: But...

James M said:
If the car already has the factory ones, is it really worth it? I'd just add the badge to the factory set!

The aftermarket rear spoiler is better too ;)

Problem is if you add the badge, your Abarth then starts to look like someones modded 1.6.. IMO the Abarth is perfect the way it is and the more you change, the less it looks like the top model it is..
personally I hate to see cars that are modded to look like something they are not.. I'm not trying to have a go at anyone..its just my opinion, if I was driving, say a 1.6 dynamic and it was tarted up to look like an Abarth with Abarth skirts and Abarth badges on it, isn't it gonna make the Abarth look like **** when it gets out run by some knob in a (insert car name here as I didn't want to upset anyone )..

Korang........................

the thing is, mine isn't a 1.6 pretending to be an Abarth, I have not modded it in the attempt to make it look like an Abarth, I have personalised it to my taste, it has different spoiler, different skirts, different exhaust pipe, different air filter, different springs to any Abarth that's ever come out of the factory, so how would it be a copy of an Abarth ???

Would you say the same to the members on here who mod their Cinqs, Seis and Puntos ??? Are they all trying to make their cars look like Sportings or HGTs ??? NO! They are trying to make them look like their own !!!

like i said TC im not trying to have a go at anyone...this is exactly what I didn't want to happen..
All I am saying is that some people actually try to make their car exactly the same as the top of the range model, and when It doesn't live up to what it looks like it would be a kick in the teeth for the rep of that car ??? surely people must agree with that ??
Don't get me wrong here, I love to see cars that have been modded well and if I was buying a 1.6 I would get the body kit on it too but like you I would make it personal to my own taste....so im not saying you or anyone else is wrong for doing that...all I am saying ,is make them your own and do something to it that lets people see that, and don't just copy the original as IMO it takes something away from both cars by doing so...

Last edited:
ooooooooohhhhhh....I like that it looks a bit like my car doesn't it? personally I like that factory fit kit. The dealer never told me it was available when I specced my Abarth otherwise I would have had it. I've seen one in the metal, and the pic at the begining of this thread doesn't really do it justice IMO - as you can't see the mesh in the vents.

wolfracepunto said:
I still cant believe Fiat dont fit those extras to their top of the range Stilo! Its madness, but I suppose sometimes its good to have a car in disguise ;)
I know, and if you look at the current 5-door range, the top spec is now called the Prestigio NOT an Abarth! Plus the spoiler is still an option!

Total madness, I agree. I do like the street-sleeper feel, but now think I will add the odd bodykit part as funds become available :)

wolfracepunto said:
Is that to stop some people (no names mentioned) calling it a taxi-cab? Fit some nice 18" wheels to it and skirts, that will shut him up!

Still, you could save for your 'Next potential car' -now I like that ;)
I know, it is only TC, I am used to him! Least I got a 'proper' engine ;) - I am tempted to get some wheels, but Claws getting a bit too common now, lol. Skirts probably next, once Angel tuned and CDA on.

My Next car, glad someone noticed it. I will be in a position within 2 or 3 years to buy a car new in the 30 to 35k range - this one does take my fancy! May even keep the Stilo for the kids to play in.....

Back