General Ye ye green anyone?

Currently reading:
General Ye ye green anyone?

Hi guys

I've recently been promoted at work and now have a sizable increase in my monthly budget. I intend paying off the HP finance (Fiat 50 to 500 Plan) in March / April and then upgrading to a Lounge because I want the added features and the car I should've bought in the first place.

I'm more than happy to wait until April / May and see what the 500 Convertible brings but equally happy to have the tin (and glass) top Lounge.

I'm going for the 1.3 MultiJet because I recently drove the Grande Punto MJ and thought it was a superb engine for its size. Great turbo input and tonnes of low down torque.

Thing is I want to get this one right and I can't decide what colour to consider. I desperately missed the boat BIG TIME by not getting Punk Grey as I adored that colour.
Bossa Nova White looks excellent sitting on the Motorshow stands, in the showroom and washed and polished on my drive. Thing is its totally impossible to keep clean and I don't have the time to wash it nearly everyday to keep some evidence of its whiteness.

I'm toying with the idea of Ye Ye Green, may be with the vintage leather, but I am stuck. Has anyone seen the Electroclash Grey in person and if so, how does it compare to Punk Grey?

Any thoughts would be grateful and I know this is purely personal choice, but I appreciate your guys input.

Steve (y)

I saw a Ye Ye green 500 at Fiat dealership in Southend and I must say it did look kinda retro in a nice way. This car had the lounge trim with black ambience with the 16" 5 O alloys so it was getting a lot of attention and to be honest I was tempted by the Ye Ye green myself seeing that one. Another bonus is that they are quite rare round these parts, most of the 500's in the London/Hertfordshire borders that i have seen have been red or white.

Not seen the Electro clash grey on the 500 yet, but I must admit I would be more inclined to go for that. There was a Panda for sale in that colour and the car did have that sporty look about it, like the Mini Cooper S did when it first came out in a similar colour.

http://pictures.autotrader.co.uk/imgser-uk/servlet/media?id=852908679

With tinted windows, black ambience, 16" alloys :yum:...yer...that would be better looking than black IMHO and easier to keep clean!!! :)

Last edited:
anthing green is a nightmare for resale and partex prices - but if its a lease deal then get what you want. Should be pretty good at hiding winter filfth too !

Good point! Green is not very popular anymore, everyone I talk to when I mention a green car, look at me in disgust and say yuck..why green!!!

Perhaps that's the reason they are so rare :chin:

I have never seen it, but have heard great reviews of Ye, Ye, however some people consider green cars to be unlucky (infact the only green car we've ever had was a total nightmare :))

Yellow is lovely as long as you want black ambience or red leather with ivory, Melanie's metallic dark blue (sorry don't know it's 'dance' name :) ) is also superb, infact, I haven't seen a colour that i haven't thought the car looked super in (apart from Punk Grey, which I hated, sorry!)

When we were looking the dealer in Salisbury was great, we really wanted to see Calypso Orange and he put us in touch with N500 and we met us and saw his, the rest is history. Why don't you have a chat with your dealer and see if he can put you in touch with a Ye,Ye owner?

Ye Ye green with vintage leather is a fantastically retro specification!

If I were to order another one I would seriously consider this combination. The colour is fabulous. Also the vintage leather with ivory has ivory coloured beading around the edges of the seat cusions. Lovely:)

Si

I love Ye Ye Green, and really considered it, as there is one I see quite often that looks gorgeous. I think it really captures the spirit of the 500.

However, for me it was either a colour or alloys, and I wanted some nice wheels more.

Personallly I can't stand the ye ye green. I can't imagine why its even offered as a colour. I've seen a few in the flesh and on the road and they're no cleaner looking in the winter muck than my black lounge. Also, and this is possibly just me, I grew up in Sydney and the old Sydney Electricity cars were crappy Opel Kadetts in a similar shade to ye ye green so everytime I see a 500 in one I think yuck, utility car.

Go for the funky colour and let it get dirty. White with road muck on it looks fine. It's a car! Go to Rome and see how they treat 500's there. All in bright funky colours with road muck all over them, all doing a million rpm in third and parked on the footpath. :)

Why don't you get one of the stock Lounges in Punk Grey then? If you want a bog standard Lounge that is... and you might get a discount as well as a colour you like ;) TBH, I've seen Ye Ye and did not like it one bit (its the shade of old bird s**t) but I guess it is personal choice so If you like it, go for it!

Hi guys

I'm a Ye Ye guy, and I'm very happy about it. Normally I don't like green cars, but the Ye Ye is not a ordinary green car.

The design of the 500 is so special, so I think it's a shame to color it with a standard color. The 500 deserve better than that.

Alright 'a shame' may be a big word. But I personally think the design looks more complete, when you colour the car with one of the 'special' colors.

Design will always be a matter of personal taste. The design of the 500 really stands out from the crowd, and I think the color must do so too.

Ye Ye with vintage leather looks gorgeous, go for it:) Electroclash grey is dull, youll look like everyone else on the road and I cant begin to imagine why anyone at Fiat thought it a good idea for the 500:( As far as Im aware there are still Punk Greys in stock, I think Wessex Garages had one?

Alright 'a shame' may be a big word. But I personally think the design looks more complete, when you colour the car with one of the 'special' colors.

Design will always be a matter of personal taste. The design of the 500 really stands out from the crowd, and I think the color must do so too.

Ye Ye is a lovely colour:)

The colour of a car will always be personal to the owner.

I get what you mean:)

Si

AS is said on a previous thread i really wanted this colour but wasn't sure of the seat colours with it and wish i could have seen one first. As booklady said, try to get a dealer to get in touch with a customer who bought one that colour so you can have a look. Good luck with your next 500 :)

Thanks guys for your input so far.

I'd have to agree on the seeing in the flesh point. Its one of those colours that I think looks perfect on the 500 as its completely in keeping with the retro theme.

I wish I was brave enough to have a yellow 500. When I was initially test driving the 500 there was one at the dealers and I thought it looked amazing. I just don't think I could carry it off somehow, especially in Lounge trim. Its more a Sport colour with lots of black stickers and the dark alloys.

As for me its retro all the way. (y)

Steve

I wish I was brave enough to have a yellow 500. When I was initially test driving the 500 there was one at the dealers and I thought it looked amazing. I just don't think I could carry it off somehow, especially in Lounge trim. Its more a Sport colour with lots of black stickers and the dark alloys.

As a big fan of broom yellow, I think the new 500's look bloody awful in yellow lol

If they'd stuck to broom yellow however, I'm sure they'd look brilliant as you say with black vinyls etc

Back