General Buying a Uno Turbo G Reg Grey

Currently reading:
General Buying a Uno Turbo G Reg Grey

madforit95

Hi, im just after a bit of advice, my friend has approached me and asked if im interested in buying his uno turbo.

Its a g reg,
grey,
2 racing seats,
rolled caged inside,
the engine bay is linked to fire extingushers,
push start button
112,000 on the clock,
the body work isnt fantastic in areas (eg side skirts are not glued on but screws inserted, looks tacky)
Door cards, and rear seats removed for weight purposes.
Alarm and immobiliser

The exhaust manifold is leaking i think by the sound of it, but he assures me when he moves the exhaust from the back, the noise goes and then returns, i take it that it must be loose, but ive heard that the manifold is prone to cracking. It has alloys, he has also 3 engines, a gearbox and various other spares. Ive have been given the opportunity of owning this vehicle for 800squid.

What do people think and what do you think i need to look for before purchasing this car.

I used to own a R5 turbo, always did fancy a uno turbo and with it becoming so rare now wouldnt mind getting it out of my system.

Any advice would be much appreciated.
Many thanks

wouldn't mind seeing few photos of the car, sounds more of a trackday/sprint special than a road car. if that's what you're after, then the addition of spares and bits would make it a decent project.

by the sounds of it, lot of the car would be stripped down, so easily accessible to all the areas that will gove cuse for concern....which is basically everywhere!!!! have a good, long look at the shell, poke it, get right into it, the stucture, everywhere. looking for the dreaded rust, seperation of seams, holes, oh yes, it will be fun!!!!

if it's really bad, what you might want to consider is a re-shell, all those parts should give you enough to create a good tub, in a good 45s shell.

the other thing maybe to pass, and look for one of the increasingly rare standard cars out there, they do come up fromk time to time, and can be pricy, but the right car, is always worth the right money.

any way you choose, be prepared for frustration and joy in equal measure, and skinned knuckles either way(y):slayer:

Back