Technical ECU Re-Map 1.2 16V Active Sport

Currently reading:
Technical ECU Re-Map 1.2 16V Active Sport

BUG-Z

Hi,

I have a 1.2 16v Active Sport and had a new Exhaust system from the manifold back and got a new induction kit, but i was considering getting it remapped too.

Now i have done a bit of research on AngelTuning and R-Tech to get some info about getting it done, but it seems it doesn't really make much difference (8 - 10 bhp). This would normally take a stock Punto Active Sport to about 95bhp i think.

But i am assuming that they have given those specs from a stock Punto active sport, but with their remap.

Roughly how much difference would a remap make on a car with a new performance Exhaust and Induction Kit?

So i was basically wondering if i would get anymore of a BHP and Torque gain because i have had the extra mods such as new exhaust system and air intake filter?

If anyone could tell me any rough estimates of the gain i would probably recieve from getting a remap on my car it would be appretiated. :)

Thanks,
Bugsy

To answer this question is about as answering how long is a piece of string.

Exhaust vary greatly in performance as do induction kits. The only way to determine improvement or losses (when performance items are poorly designed) is by going on the rolling road.

You won't get much more than about 10% of an improvement.

In any case you shouldn't use a door step mapper when any modifications are being done.

To answer this question is about as answering how long is a piece of string.

Exhaust vary greatly in performance as do induction kits. The only way to determine improvement or losses (when performance items are poorly designed) is by going on the rolling road.

You won't get much more than about 10% of an improvement.

In any case you shouldn't use a door step mapper when any modifications are being done.

Ah okie dokie, well thanks for the advice.

sorry i don't know a great deal when it comes to talking about ECU's and the mapping side of things, i have only recenly learned about this if i'm honest haha.
but thanks, sorry to waste time. my bad.

Bugsy

Back