Technical K&N 57i Induction Kit

Currently reading:
Technical K&N 57i Induction Kit

Has anyone fitted this to their Barchetta? Technically it's for a Punto HGT, but it should fit a B. What I need to know is; does it come with that long, bent bit of extension hose? It's not any good to me if it doesn't, as I'm trying to get my air filter away from the water pipe.

Every picture I see of the K&N 57i seems to include a long hose, but it's quite a generic picture...

Here's a picture of my problem (when the engine is up to temperature, my air filter is really quite warm, it's dirty, and horribly cheap).

http://www.flickr.com/photos/31276264@N00/3163649441/

Having a length of hose would allow me to put the filter in that huge space at the front right of the engine bay.

Hiya, you'd be best to go for a GSR kit, they have been tried and tested for the B now and produce good results if you can have the B remaped.
I have this kit along with a supersprint exuaust system and produced 152bhp at Red Dot rolling road.

CDAs are pretty good, they're standard kit of Ferrari, are they not? Anyway, if the advice is really to wait and save, that's what I'll do.

But really, no one has any other recommendations? GSRs seem pretty hard to find, and their website is absolutely ****.

Yeah, GSR are good but a bit of a personal service. Drop oldschool a mail, he owns GSR and is on the forum - I am sure he would be happy to talk to you.

Doc has the CDA fitted, its a lot of effort to fit and our cars were neck and neck on acceleration when mine had the Green kit fitted so no obvious difference.

I think this was covered in some other threads, but I had a CDA and was happy with it, although no rolling road.

I don't think it'll be much better than a GSR kit once the car is above 20km/h or so and they can be a pane to fit. The pane is finding space for it and getting hold of the adapters to "pipe" to where you need it. I think it's easier if either you go for moving the battery like the Doc, or it may be easier if your Barchetta is one with the mass-air sensor in the throttle body.

The big advantage of GSR is that you get a bit of personal service to make sure it's working well.

Its the best way to go, the Gsr kits are made specific for your B, you can choose your colour and you will notice some power gains when couped with a free flowing exhaust system. check out the pic:

Attachments

• barchetta pics 023.jpg
    barchetta pics 023.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 76
Last edited:
i found my cda got full of dirt very quickly and thats a pain when you have to leave them to dry for at least 24 hours during cleaning. with a kit like a gsr you only need to clean once a year and you can get a spare filter for them for £15 so you can always have one clean and swap them in 10 minutes. saves being off the road for a day

its the best way to go, the Gsr kits are made specific for your B, you can choose your colour and you will notice some power gains when couped with a free flowing exhaust system. check out the pic:

Ah, so fitting one of these will allow me to remove my strut brace-blocking plastic tube? Hmm... food for thought. Still, £180... :(

Back