Technical LHD headlights convert to RHD

Currently reading:
Technical LHD headlights convert to RHD

K3mp

i have just finially got hold of some smoked front lights for my seicento sportinh, they are in the LHD form at the moment, from what i know is that the outer lense all that is different, does any on have any ideas so that then the light beem will be on the curb side so legal in the UK ?

cheers for looking

Ok years ago for 2CV's you had the option of fitting

LHD bulbs in france
or RHD bulbs in UK

in the headlights cause the Fresnel lens was symmetrical.

The bulbs have (had) the dipped pattern not the Frenel lens. Still got my low wattage (French) yellow bulbs somewhere. If you look carefully you can see the up side down 'pattern'.

There may have also been the option to fit RHD bulbs in normal aspect or rotated through a few degrees for LHD countries, cannot be sure as I never found a set of these, the lamps for this would have been special order.

With a file you may be able to alter the bulb holders, do not no if it would be legal, as the E numbers on the glass would still show, even if the rotated pattern was similar, this allows you to drive in France or UK with same bulbs.

But RHD bulbs may work ok in LHD lamps without modification like my yellow French dim ones did, you just swap bulbs, dont damage lamps in any way try it.

I'd not file myself...

Noel

Last edited:
My '98 Sei headlamps seem ok, you checked that your reflectors are not tarnished, and lenses are reasonably clean?

I had to replace a fog cause of tarnish.

Noel

Back