Currently reading:
What? Was that 4meg I heard you say?

Hmm... its running a bit slow today :(

;) :D

Attachments

• Image21.jpg
    Image21.jpg
    228.5 KB · Views: 43
:O My uni connection *I think* is 6MB, however, now with everybody using, i get no more than 2MB, you have a quicker connection Ben!

However, I do believe the internal Uni network has the internet cached - Manchester Computing is the main connection from here to the US.

just did one for me

Downstream 927 Kbps (116.0 KB/sec) 1000 Kbps (inc. overheads)
Upstream 237 Kbps (29.6 KB/sec) 255 Kbps (inc. overheads)

not bad :)

Downstream 5081 Kbps (635.1 KB/sec) 5487 Kbps (inc. overheads)
Upstream 5185 Kbps (648.1 KB/sec) 5599 Kbps (inc. overheads)

LOOK AT THE UPSTREAM!

Right, I'm with NTL who are without a shadow of a doubt utter crap. Test results for 750K broadband:

Downstream 66 Kbps (8.3 KB/sec) 71 Kbps (inc. overheads)
Upstream 120 Kbps (15.0 KB/sec) 129 Kbps (inc. overheads)

NOTE: Your downstream speed result is very low for the type of connection specified (Cable, 750/768 Kbps). We strongly recommend that you check your Internet connection is not being used elsewhere during the test and/or contact your ISP to resolve speed issues you may be experiencing.

Any advice people? I want to be able to tell NTL what's wrong, all the time they tell me it's my end the fault. Sometimes I can't get any service (rare) or it's sloooooow. Oher times I'll be downloading at 90kbps ??

My readings were about the same for my 512k connection Pete. However I know the reason full well - I live miles from the exchange and there are thousands of people online between me and it, TBH we are lucky to get it here at all.

fixitagaintomorrow said:
Right, I'm with NTL who are without a shadow of a doubt utter crap. Test results for 750K broadband:

Downstream 66 Kbps (8.3 KB/sec) 71 Kbps (inc. overheads)
Upstream 120 Kbps (15.0 KB/sec) 129 Kbps (inc. overheads)

NOTE: Your downstream speed result is very low for the type of connection specified (Cable, 750/768 Kbps). We strongly recommend that you check your Internet connection is not being used elsewhere during the test and/or contact your ISP to resolve speed issues you may be experiencing.

Any advice people? I want to be able to tell NTL what's wrong, all the time they tell me it's my end the fault. Sometimes I can't get any service (rare) or it's sloooooow. Oher times I'll be downloading at 90kbps ??

clock as many test results as possible from adslguide save em as htms on your hdd and send it to them when you ring up, you will be able to ask the techie for his email or something.

also do trace routes see where the hops are manybe going wrong, if thats the case there is a problem with the network somewhere, also ping tests.

save all of them as evidence and contact them and sort it out

I got this:

Downstream 928 Kbps (116.0 KB/sec) 1002 Kbps (inc. overheads)
Upstream 241 Kbps (30.1 KB/sec) 260 Kbps (inc. overheads)

Which I can live with, on a 1Meg Pipex DSL.

Pete, yours are appalling for a 750k Cable connection - go with what Lemzip says NOW.

Paul, very nice indeed :)

Pete...............................

why oh why oh why ?????????????????????????????????

Do you use NTL ??????????????????????????

They are crap !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Change your ISP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Pete...............................

fix also try www.ispreview.co.uk

post the info on the cables board and someone should help you.

i am not to update with cable problems, i work in the adsl industry so any probs with adsl, just ask

Back