Technical Suspension clamps?

Currently reading:
Technical Suspension clamps?

get some off ebay, theyre crap but they hold out long enought to change all 4. just make sure someone holds the clamp while you tighten it so it stays straight and tighten them evenly, same when un-doing them. it really hurts your shins when they come off.

cheap and rubbish alternative to lower a car do it properly most people on here think they are quite dangerous there was a thread sometime ago about these if you want more info use the search function

What do you mean by suspension clamps? Normally, I would think of coil compressors, such as those that Matt describes, which are used to change shock springs on McPherson style struts. They usually come in pairs, but you have to be careful to keep them directly opposite to each other on the spring. I did have one slip round, but there was no sudden release. I just had to slacken them off a bit and reposition.

The other possibility are those suggested by Ninja, clamps you permanently install to lower the car. These are not recommended since they apply a permanent force to a relatively small length of the coil. With plenty of driving, the springs will be considerably weakened.

Back