Technical Radio Switching Off and On

Currently reading:
Technical Radio Switching Off and On

Ciaran187

Hi again everyone

Laser in my CD player stopped working so I replaced the radio.

Since i've replaced it, it keeps switching itself off randomly and back on, returning to track 1. Sometimes it switches off and doesn't come back on at all. I have to remove it, disconnect it and reconnect it.

Every time this happens, I loose all my radio stations and have to tune them in again.

It's connected with an ISO connector. Any ideas what could be causing this??? Driving me nuts! :bang:

I'm going to go ahead and say ^bump^.

Still having the problem. Any ideas anyone? it's like a steering wheel in my trousers (driving me nuts)

Hi it depends how the sterio is wired in.Can you turn the radio on with the ignition turned off? in any case i suspect the radio is wired in wrong.
There are 3 main wires 1 earth,2 ignition live and 3 perminent live.
If the two live wires are around the wrong way this may cause the problems you are experiencing.If this is all ok you can feed a seperate wire from the + side of the battery to the perminent live connecting wire on the back of the sterio and dissconnect the old perminent live and tape up.
Before doing all this make sure all the wires are properly connected and no bare wires are showing,this can cause a short circuit.
Hope this helps

Back