Technical Auxillery Belt Crankshaft Pulley

Currently reading:
Technical Auxillery Belt Crankshaft Pulley

cxkeith

I've a Marea 1.9 TD which lost it's auxillery brive belt I fitten a new one and started the car which ran alright for about a minute, then the pulleyfrom the end of the crank shaft fell off.
This appeared to have a plastic or rubber centre which has broken/melted

Any one have this happen before, is it easy to replace are there any special precautions

My one did the same, this was a fault :mad: with the turbo diesel. Bought a new pulley from Fiat dealer, beware they arn`t cheap. Changed it myself just undid the four fixing bolts and replaced new pulley simple.
For some reason car runs alot sweeter ;) .

those pullys are know too do that if they get any oil contamination on the rubber part, and yes it should run sweeter after replacment becuase the pully is very important for taking unwanted vibrations etc out of the crankshaft.

The pre jtd pulley had a manufacturers fault :eek: , most had to be recalled and as usual some slipped through the net :( . When you get the new one you will notice its totally differant, alot stronger rubber and fixing.

thank for the advice folks.
Got the pulley and consulted the manual as usual use special tool xxxxx and strip the whole top end!!! (b****x to that) found and easier way to lock the crankshaft and finished it all in 25min.
Thanks for all the advise guys back on the streets again.
:slayer: :slayer: :slayer:

Back