Stilo Steering Wheel Control

Currently reading:
Stilo Steering Wheel Control

baytunc

Hi,
I'm trying to find out a solution for JVC-AVX900 head unit.
If change my orginal head unit with above, steering wheel control buttons will not work.
How can I solve this problem is anyone try that ???

Search from google as "steering wheel interface" but I could not find any answer for my 2005 model 3D Dynamic Stilo.

Can u help me :bang::bang:

The stilo uses can bus for the steering wheel commands so interfacing to it is a little more difficult than normal ladder-type interfaces. As far as I know there isnt anything available for the stilo. You can get can bus adapters for the stilo but they do not support steering wheel control, only speed pulse/handbrake and illumination control.

They do similar versions for the grande punto which is a similar system so cant really see why it isnt possible, just there doesnt seem to be anything available.

Dan

there is a CAN interface for the stilo available.

£150 squid just to save you fingers 10cm of movement :rolleyes:

Dont suppose that you know where to get it from i have had a look around but come up with nothing.
There is a guy on here who built the pioneer (i think) remote into the steering wheel controls into a 500. He really looks like he knows what he is doing so in terms of £ it would be cheaper. Also PaulBFD is looking into having a go.
That would be getting into some quite advanced stuff but if you see it as a bit of fun would be well worth it IMO.
This is the Guy
https://www.fiatforum.com/i-c-e/172459-sound-quality-installation.html

Im sure autoleads/connect2 would state if it would work volxstu, but they dont work, hence they dont say lol.

AFAIK Can bus on the grande punto uses 29bit messages but the stilo uses 11bit so the data structure is completely different.

there is a CAN interface for the stilo available.

£150 squid just to save you fingers 10cm of movement :rolleyes:

Where is this available from?

Dan

Im sure autoleads/connect2 would state if it would work volxstu, but they dont work, hence they dont say lol.

AFAIK Can bus on the grande punto uses 29bit messages but the stilo uses 11bit so the data structure is completely different.

Where is this available from?

Dan

Sorry i misread your post i thought that you were suggesting a possibility that the GP one way work :bang:

Back