General Active or Active Sport...Opinion Please

Currently reading:
General Active or Active Sport...Opinion Please

FiatFleetFamily

Established member
Me missus is thinking of getting the following, either a diesel active, active sport or a dynamic on a 57 Plate. Prior to test driving them, as they all have the 120 Bhp multijet engine, is there any significant road holding abilities for the Active Sport 17" wheels on 225/45/17 tyres over the Active and Dynamic running on 16" wheels??

Is there more road noise and a harder ride with the Active Sport or has it sports suspension??

The interior of the Active Sport is nicer I think that the Dynamic, but do the seat bolsters actually support you any better than the a standard seat?

:confused::confused:

Wdier tyres will naturally give you more grip before they let go, but at a price - both in terms of replacement and ongoing fuel economy, due to higher rolling resistance. Personally I'd go for the active sport - the car just looks so much nicer with the body kit and the interior is also a nicer place to be. The sport seats hold you reasonably well although they're hardly bucket seats! Given how flat the dynamic seats look, I'd say they would stuggle to hold you in, but I've not driven one, so can't really comment. I think the active sport has the same suspension as the sport, which can be a bit crashy, but then pays off in the corners... As to noise - again, can't really comment, all I can say is the tyre noise is the loudest thing on my car above 30mph...

Do you get an armrest on the active sport, or are you given the same plastic thing as the Sports? :D

Not sure whether it is 'standard' or not but mine came with the good armrest :D

Back to the main topic though. I think your choice should either be Dynamic or Active Sport. The basic Active, although a good car, is just that. Basic! good car but as soon as you bought it you'd regret not having some of the toys etc

If you want luxery and toys and gadgets overload then go Dynamic. If you want a great sporty looking car then go Active Sport which still comes with all the usefull day to day toys.

Both Active Sport and Dynamic when it comes to driving and comfort there isn't much between either.

I have the Active Sport do 20,000 miles a year (so far done 18,500 since I got the Bravo) and haven't a bad thing to say about it. It's great for long journeys (comfortable and not tiresome to drive) and also great for those A and B road drives.

It's bad for the trip to the shop for milk though as the journey ain't long enough and you just want to keep driving in the Bravo :p

Last edited:
I suffer from major back problems and the seats in the Active Sport are one of the main reasons I have chosen the car, sit in one and adjust the seats a bit and you will soon see that the seats offer far more support than the standard seats on the Dynamic. I chose this over the Volvo C30 R design coupe which has brilliant seats and leather too, mind the 6 month wait for a new Volvo didn't help much either. lol End of the day it's horses for courses, you have to try it yourself to see if it works for you. :)

As said Active Sport does have the arm rest as standard (drinks chiller in it too!) and I believe should have cruise control as standard too, I know my new one will anyway.

Nah, only the Dynamic and the Sport have Cruise Control as standard, unless the standard equipment has changed with the new models!

Nah, only the Dynamic and the Sport have Cruise Control as standard, unless the standard equipment has changed with the new models!
It's changed I gather.

Just ordered my new Active Sport this morning and was told cruise control is now def standard on this model. As you say it wasn't a standard fit before. :)

Just found it in print (re: Cruise control) in the July 2008 "Fiat Range price list", def listed under standard euipment for Active Sport on page 7 - 1st item in list.

My personal opinion is that equipment levels should not be included in the FAQ, as they may confuse all non-UK users, which are not a rarity here :D Or at least there should be a note saying "UK only".

In my country, for example, there is no such thing as "Active Sport". Also, dual-zone A/C is standard for all levels, except for Active, so as you see there are a lot of "per country" differences.

My personal opinion is that equipment levels should not be included in the FAQ, as they may confuse all non-UK users, which are not a rarity here :D Or at least there should be a note saying "UK only".

In my country, for example, there is no such thing as "Active Sport". Also, dual-zone A/C is standard for all levels, except for Active, so as you see there are a lot of "per country" differences.

Which is why we need input from everyone! Us Brits can't be expected to know the trim levels for other countries! ;)

Back