Technical Choking...

Currently reading:
Technical Choking...

stefunko

Hi all, recently when cruising along the M8 in my Cinq. i heard a loud popping sound come from the hood of my car and immediatley afterwards it started sounding like a 2 stroke lawn mower on 4 star petrol :eek: I pulled over to find that one of the spark plugs had come out!!! still attached to the HT cable, i was unable to put it back in, so i drove 18 miles home with it chugging away. The very next day i replaced the spark plug and all seemed fine until two days ago. Everytime i change gear from 1-2, 2-3, 3-4, 4-5 or accelorate, the car chokes for about 5 to 10 seconds then drives normally. I think all spark plugs are working normally. Could it have got something into the injection system which is slowing the flow of fuel down??? Advice seriously welcome as i need the car over Christmas.

have not changed leads yet, i replaced the coil pack and leads about 1 year ago...

the plug had popped while driving and i couldn't put it back in, i have checked operation of sparks by running car idle and pulling ht leads, they seem to operation fine.

Back